NEXXUS LINE-Reviews Please!!!!!

lonei

Is it as really good as people make out? I have very hard to manage underprocessed hair. My main problem is detangling when wet. Can anyone recommend a Clarifying poo, Moisturising poo, Moisturising Con and Detangling leave in that would suit my needs? Please give details on whats so good about it, thanks.

I bought Nexxus Headress and I was not impressed at all. It was not very moisturizing, I don't know what it was supposed to do.....But it didn't do it, I ended up washing it out immediately because I didn't like the way it made my hair feel.:cool:

I totally love Therappe (moisturizing poo) and the Humectress (cond.) I have tried the Botanoil poo but didn't like that one as much. The Therappe seemed more emollient. Also, in the directions for Therappe it recommends that you lather it and let it sit in your hair for a couple of minutes before rinsing. For me, this step really makes a difference. I've noticed that if I rinse it right away my hair does not feel as moisturized, even after the conditioner. Anyone else notice this?

I also use the Humectress for deep conditioning--love these products!

therapee made my hair hard and tangled

humectress made my hair HARD and tangled

I love the aloe rid shampoo, it removes build up without stripping

I like nexxus color ensure conditioner, it has a ph of 3, after i use it my hair is soft, moisturized and shines

i love emergence also it's a great reconstructor

I'm new to the Nexxus line and once I take the braids out, I hope to try out the therappe shampoo and really try out the humectress. I hear good reviews for this line, so hopefully my pj days may come to an end!

lonei said:
I'm from england so they wont send it, thanks

Aww shoot sorry to hear that. Well here are my reviews.

Nexxus Therappe- no slip whatsoever, but I expected that because it has no cones. it isn't stripping but it does a good job cleaning, I love the lather and the smell is delish. But like you I need the slip, I have tangles baaad

Nexxus Humectress: Pretty good. The softness I get from this is crazy but once again the slip isn't there. Sometimes it makes my hair too soft which can lead to breakage. But I add it to my spray moisturizer and it does the trick. Best to be used as a leave-in, a small amount does the trick.

Nexxus Keraphix: Absolute, staple of mines. This is the best product that they came out with IMO. Still no slip, but it does a great job softening without making the hair hard but makes my hair strong. Don't know if I will repurchase because Aveda DR treat does the same thing.

Nexxus Emergencee: THE best protein treat, known to MizaniMami. I love this. Absolute staple, but I would rather buy the Duo Tex because it is cheaper.

Nexxus Headress: Pretty good, Helps me detangle because it helps my hair stay wet for some reason. But the downside to that is it takes so long to airdry since it stays wet. Doesn't do any straightening or any hard core moisturizing but it makes my hair strong because of the keratin as one of the first ingredients. I usually have to use something else to get a good smoothing effect. But since I have better I will not be repurchasing.

:lol: That's it I think. By the way I am a 4b who relaxed straight with about 2-3 inches of texlaxed hair. The tangles are the debil to me also.:mad:

skoloco said:
I totally love Therappe (moisturizing poo) and the Humectress (cond.) I have tried the Botanoil poo but didn't like that one as much. The Therappe seemed more emollient. Also, in the directions for Therappe it recommends that you lather it and let it sit in your hair for a couple of minutes before rinsing. For me, this step really makes a difference. I've noticed that if I rinse it right away my hair does not feel as moisturized, even after the conditioner. Anyone else notice this?

I also use the Humectress for deep conditioning--love these products!

I did that step and I do notice the difference. As a matter of fact I try and do that with all my shampoos now.

Back