Newly Natural (sort of) and Adventurous

QueenHav

Hi there,

First, thanks for reading my post. I started growing my natural hair out (underneath sew in weaves) about 4 years ago while I was in college. Before then, I was perming it about 4 times a year and wearing the permed hair underneath the weave, hoping it would grow. :spinning:

One day, my college room mate suggested that I cut all of the perm off because "nobody sees it anyway". So that was my first semi BC (side note: the next week, she did a major big chop). I continued wearing the weaves but did not relax my edges.

Once the student loan money dried up, (:lachen:) I started wearing wigs for the convenience and versatility. I was also a hair model for a while and would get weaves when I got casted for hair shows and such.

This year, I gave up hair extensions for Lent and have been wearing my natural hair everyday (except when I have modeling gigs). I would really like some suggestions on new thing to do to my hair. I am really considering a Henna treatment. Do you guys have any other ideas?

Also, I don't know my hair type or length. But I do have a pic attached to this post.

Thanks again for reading my post.

QH

Attachments

• Natural Hair 001.jpg
    Natural Hair 001.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
If you are looking for treatments to try, I like:

- yogurt mixed with baby food bananas and honey
- sour cream mixed with a little conditioner
- the caramel treatment (many threads/post on it)
- adding an egg, mayo, or an avocado (mashed really well) to a treatment

If you are looking for styles:

- try the frohawk
- try bantu knots/bantu knot outs
- check out this fotki for lots of braid and twist styles http://public.fotki.com/F2x/

Try searching youtube, there a lots of tutorials for just about anything you can think of

Back