Newby...Thank You!

Hi Everybody,

This is my first post although I have been lurking around for a couple of months. I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you all for all of your help. 8 weeks ago I had my last relaxer (usually I get them every 5 1/2-6 weeks...a record for me :grin: ). When I came home I noticed my hair was dry and brittle. When I unwrapped my hair, I noticed that there was a little shedding. I thought maybe I was too rough with the pins. But the shedding didn't stop. I have very fine, 4 a/b relaxed hair and I can't afford to lose a strand! After looking hard...real hard, I noticed there were several places where my hair had broken off and there was about an inch left of my hair. AN INCH!!! Well, I washed my hands of that salon and they haven't seen me since.

I came across this forum about a week after the hair "massacre" as I call it :) and I've been here everyday every since. I've become one with my bss. I'm in there on my lunch hour...they know my name..lol. I've got shampoos, conditioners, deep conditioners, Leave in conditioners, intensive treatments. I had to reorganize my bathroom..lol. Anyway, my hair is strong and growing. It hasn't felt this way in years. It's been a long time since I've had new growth in the back of my head and it feels GOOD!!! I could probably wait another week for my relaxer but I am shedding and since my hair is fine, I don't want to lose what I've gained. So THANK YOU ALL!

Thank u bludacous and Sweet Ambrosia! You'll see me a lot around here. I've learned so much! Now to master the art of the rollerset :D

karmelsassy said:
Thank u bludacous and Sweet Ambrosia! You'll see me a lot around here. I've learned so much! Now to master the art of the rollerset :D

You welcome! I am going to try to master the rollerset myself!

Welcome karmelsassy. Sorry you had a bad experience with the salon, but glad to see you washed your hands of the place.

Back