NEWBY QUESTIONS

qwnbee1

THIS IS MY FIRST POSTING, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BEEN LURKING FOR A WHILE AND USING A LOT OF THE ADVICE YOU ALL HAVE TO GIVE. I REALLY NEED SOME INFO ON A LOT OF THE METHODS DIFFERENT ONES ARE USING FOR THIER HAIR CARE:

1. WHAT IS TEXLAXING
2. HOW DO YOU DETERMINE HAIR TYPE (EX: 4A 3B)
3. WHAT IS PREPOO
4. HOW EXACTLY DO YOU USE AMINO ACIDS

THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE THINGS I WOULD APPRECIATE ANSWERS TO

Welcome! I would suggest you start by reading the sticky threads at the beginning of the forum. They contain a lot of information that will answer your questions. Additionally, you can search on your key terms (e.g. amino acids) and find what people have said about usage. HHG!

welcome to the forum!

1. WHAT IS TEXLAXING
Using a relaxer to loosen your curls. so you basically leave the relaxer on for less time than recommended, that way you get a texturized look by using a relaxer

2. HOW DO YOU DETERMINE HAIR TYPE (EX: 4A 3B)
to be honest, its not an exact science. the hair type system most commonly used on this board is the Andre Walker system (Oprah's hair stylist). here's a link with pictures to give you a visual of the yardsticks for each category: http://www.curlyhairsalon.com/hairtypes.html

3. WHAT IS PREPOO
Putting oils/conditioner on the hair before shampooing to prevent overdrying from chemicals in the shampoo

4. HOW EXACTLY DO YOU USE AMINO ACIDS
i wish i knew. im keeping my reggie as simple as possible. maybe someone else can chime in here, but i think people just add it to other products already in their reggies

HHG

Welcome!!!!

Tada1 pretty much said what I would have. As far as amino acids, I believe many here purchase pure silk amino acids and add it to products like conditioners to give them a boost (since silk amino acids--saa's--are a pretty gentle protein that can be used often without damaging the hair). I've not done this so you'd have to do a search to find a thread that explains it more.

Back