Newbies Fotki

middlegirl

Check it out!

Ive been washing at least 3 x a week with Nexxus Therappe or Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo, deep conditioning with Humectress, ORS Mayo, or Fructis Length and Strength. I usually airdry in buns or rollers then put it up in 2 little claw clips or a high bun.

Ive used aphogee hardcore protein twice since Dec. but i cant really tell the difference. I moisturize w/ NTM silk touch, S-curl no drip, Humectress, or Motions conditioning spray and seal with EVOO or Coconut oil. I use MTG 3x a week, every other week

Even with all the love i'm giving my hair and all the supplements I'm taking (see signature), It seems like my growth has stalled. I rarely use heat and I eat well so I dont know whats going on. Help! Is there anything Im missing? :ohwell:

Seems like you are doing everything right. So I don't know what to say about your regimen. But welcome and I'm glad to see you are on a healthy start! You'll be growing in no time and just be patient!

Glad to see you here!!!

Okay, I just checked out your fotki and girl your hair IS growing, and very thick might I add. You may be suffering from Hair Anorexia:lachen: (no matter how long your hair gets you think it is still short)

Your hair is looking very good. Keep up the great work!!!

Hey and welcome, I'm a newbie too:) . I just checked out your Fotki album and your hair looks like it has grown at least 4 inches in 4 months. That's Awesome:grin: !! Maybe your hair is going through its "resting" stage after all that growth. Your regimen sounds fine! I think you should keep doing what you are doing and your hair will keep growing. Maybe up the amount of time you use the MTG....

I see a lot of progress too!!! I think you're doing a great job. Your hair has grown...it might just be your perception since you're with your hair all the time :)

Thanks everyone. Hair Anorexia huh? Could be... With all of the pretty hair on this site I think Im getting impatient. I think I'll start using MTG a little more - IT STINKS THOUGH! Guess I'll just plug my nose.

This shoulder length stage is taking forever!

I'm also on the MTG bandwagon it thickened my hair alot too. You've got some great growth there girl by the end of the year you'll have hair down your back!!!!! keep growing girl. Your hair looks great!!!!!:)

Hey girl, your hair looks great! You are making some good progress. I don't think that your hair is in a "resting stage" but I do think that you are going through hair anorexia. I go through it sometimes, but in a couple of months you will see even more growth and realize that your hair is indeed growing, trust me on this one.;)

MTG made my hair really thick as well. My mom always tells me how my hair was never this thick when I was a kid. I stopped using it recently because covering that smell in this heat is almost impossible.:lol:

girl, i've got some news for you! your hair IS growing!! it's so pretty, i'm impressed!

You said that you use QH Garlic Shampoo on a regular basis. Do you find it to be drying? I have a bottle and I think I've used it about 3 times since getting it. I'm afraid it will rob my hair of moisture.

Thanks ladies. You've made me feel so much better. You kept me from getting the scissors and going back to my regular chin length bob (which i almost did this weekend!) I wont give up!

*Its amazing to hear from all of you after lurking for SOOO long.

IvyHair - I actually use Nexxus Therappe more than any other shampoo. But when i used the garlic shampoo it wasnt drying. I cant say that it was that helpful either. Its supposed to help with breakage and although my hair has been breaking a LOT less now that Ive started takin better care of it... I cant say that it was just because of the shampoo. I didnt notice anything spectacular.

Kiwi - I feel you. MTG works but the smell is so overwhelming - even with peppermint oil and smelly conditioners. I hate smelling it on my pillow. I gotta find a way to cover that smell up!

Your hair looks thick and has grown well. I get frustrated too, just when I think my hair is not growing I do a length check and it is longer than I thought. Keep doing what you re doing and soon you will realize that your hair is growing like a weed.hhg:)

Back