Newbie... :))

MzK

Hi All!

I've been lurking for most of this year....and I'm glad I can finally post and share my story with you guys:

I've been relaxed for as long as I can remember. My hair has been pretty stable most of its life, having a setback once in a full moon. I would say, mid-2008-my APL hair took a turn for the worse....my right side was thinning to me (wrapping my hair on the same side, I think), so I went online to look for anyone who may have dealt with the same issue...and found this site.:yep:

I never thought about going natural (though personally, I thought it was beautiful--I've heard horror stories, lol) but seeing how you guys interacted w/each other about natural hair, and the FOTKIS.......:lick:

Well--I'm transitioning. My last relaxer was in Feb./Mar.--so I'm about 7/8 months post. Currently 2 months into Kinky twists. It's been a little tough--I'm still trying to find products...and I have NO clue what my hair type is...but I'm thinking...4A/B. I hope to learn as much as I can about my hair and hopefully, help someone in the future about theirs. :)

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Growing your Hair out.......I hope your transition will work out for the best, I'm sure it will, there are alot of beautiful natural heads here, so I'm sure you will have connections with a lot of them.......Happy Hair Growing.....

Last edited:
Thanks you all. You guys have been my motivation to keep with the transition...and I'm excited to find out what's on the other side! LOL

Welcome aboard.

Enjoy the journey and let your hair tell you what it needs not what you think it should have.

Welcome to the board. Like you, I'm transitioning so I'm excited to see what all my time, money and effort are going to get me.

Welcome I am new also. I thougt about transitioning but I know I am not ready. However I am tring to get a lot of new growth to find out what my hair type is.

Back