NEWBIE WITH POSITIVE STORY

Dijah

Hello everyone, this is my first post but I have been stalking for about a year.
My hair story is that my sides nape and back have always been a problem. Bald. Anyway, I pick up the tips from you ladies. Deep Con, Protein, and especially Boundless Tresses or Odorless Mtg.
I am happy to say that today 12 wks post I got a touch up. My stylist who has always been great and has vowed not to give me a major cut again after I lost my mind last August, said "Your hair feels great!" I asked her what?
She said even with her gloves on she can feel how strong and healthy my hair was. I smiled and after the touch up I felt 1" of length in my back area where I have problems and about 1" a the nape. Also she did not bother taking out her scissors. I asked about split ends she said my hair did not need a cut.

Thanks so much ladies. I am not one to post regularly but I am so happy I had to contribute. Now I will go back to stalking

Congratulations on your new found hair health! I've been a member for about 1 year and I understand your enthusiasm; it's great to see your hair actually improve before your very eyes, just by using the right techniques based on information from this wonderful LHCF community. Welcome abroad :) HHG!!

Dijah said:
Hello everyone, this is my first post but I have been stalking for about a year.
My hair story is that my sides nape and back have always been a problem. Bald. Anyway, I pick up the tips from you ladies. Deep Con, Protein, and especially Boundless Tresses or Odorless Mtg.
I am happy to say that today 12 wks post I got a touch up. My stylist who has always been great and has vowed not to give me a major cut again after I lost my mind last August, said "Your hair feels great!" I asked her what?
She said even with her gloves on she can feel how strong and healthy my hair was. I smiled and after the touch up I felt 1" of length in my back area where I have problems and about 1" a the nape. Also she did not bother taking out her scissors. I asked about split ends she said my hair did not need a cut.

Thanks so much ladies. I am not one to post regularly but I am so happy I had to contribute. Now I will go back to stalking

Ahh, Dijah, don't be a lurker...post, post, post..tell about your progress. I love to hear about someone's hair success.

Thanks for all the support I am considering getting a digital camera to post progress photos. Right now I am below the ear hoping for shoulder length by Dec. I am really inspired by you ladies.

Please post your regimen. I've been searching the threads for a successful regimen to pass on to a friend. Share share...

It's weird to have someone ask what I do. I have to say that I read the other ladies advice and found my method with trial and error.
I use Odorless Mtg daily. Biotin and MSM daily.
I wash on Monday Thursday and Sat. Clarifiying on Sat. My shampoo is Suave Humectant Shampoo. My conditoner is Nexxuss Humetress. I use a light protein on Sat. Once a month I use a hard protein like Aphogee treatment. When I am stretching I use a hard protein weekly. But for my hair moisture is everything.
Also I cut out heat. In winter I keep my hair covered with a silk scarf (I have like 30). I also try to keep my hands out of my hair.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for responding. I'll pass your tips along. Did you put anything on your nape? How did you keep it moisturized? How did you keep it from snapping?

Before I leave for work I put conditioner in my hair, I use my humetress as a leave in, and seal it with what I have. If I am going to wear a turtle neck or anything that will rub against my nape I just wear a scarf. Actually I buy silk fabric from the fabric shop and cover my head. I get them in many patterns and always get compliments.

Keeping that area free of things that rub and pull at the hair is really the key for me.

6.gif

Congrats on your hair improvement!
2.gif

Back