newbie with new discovery

twin1

or maybe it's not a new discovery. Has anyone tried emu oil on their hair? tried it for the first time yesterday and it was very moisturing and left my hair very soft, not greasy. I think this is a keeper. I mixed with a few other oils, like mtg and peppermint oil and I love it!!

I love using Emu Oil on my hair. I mix it into my deep conditioner and apply the oil directly to my ends right before rollersetting. I also bought some very moisturizing Emu Oil Shampoo & Conditioner. Great stuff!!! :up: :up:

ddtexlaxd, I got my emu oil from uniquelyemu.com and the benefit are it's supposed to be very moisturizing and nourishing to the skin and hair. It's also supposed to be naurally penetrating into the skin so the need to rub in thoroughy is not necessary because it's naturally penetrating

miracle, did you also get your products from uniquelyemu.com? I saw they had a shampoo and conditioner also.

Emu oil is DA Bomb oil! :yep: I give it :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

I use it in my hair, on my skin, my son uses it...it's a definite keeper. I also use it with my MTG mixture.

I used it in November when I had a surface skin injury, I'm prone to keloiding so I was rather concerned about scarring. I used it twice a day, every day for almost a month, aside from discoloration of the area, there is NO scar tissue. It's pricey but worth every dime. :yep:

I have gotten several PMs from people asking where I get my emu oil from. I recently sent this email to the seller that I got this from: (http://cgi.ebay.com/2-oz-Bottle-of-...itemZ5646046160QQcategoryZ21205QQcmdZViewItem)

I just wanted to tell you that I got my 2nd order of Emu oil and I love it. I have purchased emu oil from different places and I have seen little white specks in the oil, too thick and cloudy oil, and oil that was not creamy white, but yellow. Yours is perfect and the price is AMAZING. Never change your oil and please keep me on your mailing list if you decide to stop selling on Ebay. Do you have a website selling your products?

I really meant that. I have purchased my fair share of Emu oil from companies, even the ones that say their oil is certified, and I have been badly burned. Since I have gotten used to the oil, I can tell when I get a bad batch and I cannot tell you how bad some of this crap has been.

Also, here is a company that you should not get the oil from: http://www.essential7.com/. I decided to give them a try because I wanted to order some rosemary and other essential oils from them. The emu oil was GROSS!! It was thick and nasty looking and I am not putting that crap on my hair.

Anyway, if anyone decides to try emu oil, don't lose your money.

Good looking out Honey Dew on the purity of the Emu Oil...I haven't gotten a bad batch but I've read reports of just how bad it can be on the web.

VWVixxen said:
Good looking out Honey Dew on the purity of the Emu Oil...I haven't gotten a bad batch but I've read reports of just how bad it can be on the web.

Yes, girl, I was burned by that essential7 crap! It even smelled like mildew! It was thick like crisco shortening and had little white pieces of debris in it. GROSS! I bought a big 16 oz bottle from them, too! Never again!

I bought some from that purple emu company and, although it was "okay", it had a few white specks in it, as well. It kept clogging up my applicator. Another bottle thrown away.

Be careful ladies.

thanks for the heads up. Has anyone tried the emu oil from uniquelyemu.com? The bottle I got seems okay, but it's my first time using it. I was just about to order a bigger bottle because I got a small one for the first time. Have you ever tried them?

I've never used it on my hair but i use it on my face everynight. it leaves my skin feeling the same way it leaves your face feeling. :D

twin1 said:
thanks for the heads up. Has anyone tried the emu oil from uniquelyemu.com? The bottle I got seems okay, but it's my first time using it. I was just about to order a bigger bottle because I got a small one for the first time. Have you ever tried them?

I have never tried them, but seeing AEA Certified on the site is a good sign.
I am sure you could contact AEA to ask about that company, but I bet you would be able to tell if the quality of the oil is bad. If it has stuff in it, or is smelly - that's a dead giveaway.

I like that they have a Money Back Guarantee and Easy Return Policy.

Back