Newbie to the board

emichele20

Hello Everyone,

My name is Erin and I am new to this board. I have always had long hair my entire life and just decided that I would go back to my natural state :) . I came home from work yesterday and decided to do the BC. Surprisingly when hubby came home he loved it. I just found the recipe for the curly pudding and have just put it in. I will be posting picks a bit later on. Any advice or comments that you can give for people with short hair would be wonderful.

Thanks

That's okay I know that it is hard to leave and I knew that if I didn't cut my hair I would get frustrated and might relapse. So now I have no excuses. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome aboard!
Keep your hair moisturize,condition weekly & watch it grow...

Happy Hair Growing!

Welcome!!!!!!
And congratulations on your BC!!

My advice would be to experiment with different products to see what your hair likes, doesn't like, but don't go overboard like us and become a project junky.

:welcome4:

Congrats on your spontaneous bc! Take things slow and keep it simple for now. If you search "bc" on the board you should get lots of threads back with great information.

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your BC!
Now is the time to experiment and find out what your hair likes.
You can condition wash often and keep your hair moisturized. It should be a simple regimen for now.

:welcome: Welcome, welcome! I can't personally help you but I know the other lovely ladies probably will. I'm still a newbie too but I've learned tons during my time of lurking around the board!

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I have updated my siggy with my BC photo... Please do not laugh at my big head or my ears :). After I cut my hair off I was like darn I really look like my dad from behind now. Hopefully by next year this time it will have grown back nicely.

Also since I am pretty new to this would anyone be able to tell me what my hair type might be?

Hi Sweetheart! I hope you get the help you need during your natural hair journey. There's a wealth of info here and if we can't help you, we'll guide you to someone who can :yep:

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I have updated my siggy with my BC photo... Please do not laugh at my big head or my ears :). After I cut my hair off I was like darn I really look like my dad from behind now. Hopefully by next year this time it will have grown back nicely.

Also since I am pretty new to this would anyone be able to tell me what my hair type might be?

Hmmm, you look like you have my texture, but I still see a bit of straight ends. Getting a nice trim will really make your texture pop.

Hmmm, you look like you have my texture, but I still see a bit of straight ends. Getting a nice trim will really make your texture pop.

It does look similar to yours. What is your type? I originally cut my hair myself and my mom who has been a licensed hairdresser since 1964.... finished it up. She didnt want to cut the straight areas that were around too low. She told me to come back in a couple of weeks so that I can get the rest if the permed hair cut out.

Back