Newbie to forum need serious help

seang

I am relaxed I see my stylist for relaxers and treatments but I am not satisfied with my growth. The crown area of my head grows much quicker and thicker than my edges. My kitchen is extremely short and seems stunted(won't grow) what should I do?

Scarves that are too tight?
Bonnets with elastic around the edges?
Tight braids?
tight ponytails?
Does your stylist rinse your nape area well?

Make sure to deep condition, moisturize & seal, and handle that area carefully. Avoid anything that will be tight or snag on the area and also heat as well since you're trying to grow out that area. Stimulate your scalp with peppermint oil, scalp massages, sulfur, and etc. to promote growth.

I notice that stylists seem to have issues rinsing out relaxer and neutralizing the nape area well. Make sure that she's lifting your head from the rim of the basin thingy, and really getting that area. Leftover relaxer can cause serious breakage, so that may be one reason why your nape isn't progressing.

Another may be that you're just not caring for the area well...when you apply conditioner, make sure you're putting enough back there. Same with moisturizers and oils.
When you style your hair, make sure to choose styles and hair tools that won't put tension on your nape.
And when you tie your scarf at night, don't go too tight or leave the knot in one place too long.

I'd also recommend getting some castor oil to rub on the area. I actually think that's one of the easiest ways to improve the nape and edges...just put some castor oil every night before bed.

hth, and welcome to LHCF!

castor oil really helps! Also be gentle with that area as well as your temples, try using your fingers instead of your palm to style that area if your head. Scalp massages can also be benefit by increasing blood flow to this area of the scalp. I only relax my temples every other touch up. Good luck!

I notice that stylists seem to have issues rinsing out relaxer and neutralizing the nape area well. Make sure that she's lifting your head from the rim of the basin thingy, and really getting that area. Leftover relaxer can cause serious breakage, so that may be one reason why your nape isn't progressing.

Another may be that you're just not caring for the area well...when you apply conditioner, make sure you're putting enough back there. Same with moisturizers and oils.
When you style your hair, make sure to choose styles and hair tools that won't put tension on your nape.
And when you tie your scarf at night, don't go too tight or leave the knot in one place too long.

I'd also recommend getting some castor oil to rub on the area. I actually think that's one of the easiest ways to improve the nape and edges...just put some castor oil every night before bed.

hth, and welcome to LHCF!

The bolded is what I came in say. They may not be rinsing sll the relaxer from your nape. You could always do an additional neutralizing step when you get back from the stylist

Back