Newbie says Hello!!

lmcarr49

I've lurked here for a long time and decided to join last month. I honestly thought you guys were crazy at first for stretching relaxers since my sister-in-law (who is a hairdresser) said anyone who goes longer than 6 weeks is asking for their hair to fall out. It so happened that my current hairdresser's husband was ill and in the hospital and I was forced to wait 12 weeks to relax. I followed the advice I saw on here about conditioner washes and moisturizing and my hair didnt break or fall out like I thought it would. My sister-in-law was so wrong and I feel bad for thinking you guys were crazy. Please accept my apologies.

No problem. I'm sure it's not the first or last time the ladies on this board have been called crazy. Welcome to LCHF...What is your current length? What are your hair goals?

Right now I'm at APL. I've been stuck here for 3 years. I think the different stylists I've been going to have been cutting my hair. I know it grows because my roots get extremely nappy, but its not getting any longer. I've stopped my current stylist from trimming my hair and I'm letting my mom do it. Hopefully I'll see a difference.
My ultimate goal is midback and I want to get their by next year, hopefully.

Welcome. My friends have thought I was crazy too from giving out my LHCF advice. My hair is growing healthfully, so the proof is in the pudding.

lmcarr49 said:
Right now I'm at APL. I've been stuck here for 3 years. I think the different stylists I've been going to have been cutting my hair. I know it grows because my roots get extremely nappy, but its not getting any longer. I've stopped my current stylist from trimming my hair and I'm letting my mom do it. Hopefully I'll see a difference.
My ultimate goal is midback and I want to get their by next year, hopefully.

Welcome! You will not see any growth progress if you trim every relaxer. Take care of your ends to keep them nice and healthy (If only I could follow my own advice :grin:)

9.gif
to LHCF, lmcarr49! :wave: I guess you're a part of the :nuts: crew, now. :lol: HHG! :)

Well I should be completely bald, since I don't relax at all! :lol:

Glad thing are going well with your hair now. Good luck and welcome. :D

Welcome!!!! Yeah Keen is right if you trim every 6 weeks you will not see any growth. Continue stretching your relaxers and do less trimming and you will definitely see growth. You'll be at mid back before you know it!!!!GROW HAIR GROW :D

welcome! and i am sure alot of us where skeptical at first, expecially with every thing we have been "tought"

Back