Newbie saying hi!

Teevino

After a month or so of lurking, I wanted to introduce myself.

I recently relaxed after being unrelaxed for two years. I love my kinks and coils; just wanted something different. I currently have a bob cut that's jaw/chin length with bangs.

I'm not sure if I want long hair (I love short hair), but I want to see how long I can refrain from cutting my hair. Unlike many other areas of my life, when it comes to my hair, I'm very impatient and want instant gratification. I'm also not very willing to sacrifice style; life's too short to walk around with ho-hum hair. I'd be all good if I could bring myself to wear wigs or weaves, but for some reason, I just can't.

This will be more of a test of my will and creativity than anything else :yep:

What I DO want is THICK hair. I'm probably dreaming, since I have fine hair (as do parents). Also, I have a small section in my crown area that needs nursing; I had a sebaceous cyst on my scalp, which caused some thinning and breakage. I'm currently taking an hair/skin/nail vitamin (along with a multivitamin) and use an Indian castor oil on my scalp (when I remember).

If anyone has suggestions for thickening hair, I'm all ears!

Thanks!

:hiya: Welcome!

I have a lot of hair but many of my strands are very fine. One thing that has helped thicken them up a bit has been monthly henna treatments. You might give that a try. It won't give you instant results but over time you will see a difference. HTH.

:hiya: Welcome!

I have a lot of hair but many of my strands are very fine. One thing that has helped thicken them up a bit has been monthly henna treatments. You might give that a try. It won't give you instant results but over time you will see a difference. HTH.
Henna thickens? I may have to give that a try. I used it once to color and it worked very well, but it was quite messy.

:welcome2:

To gain thickness some people swear by Castor oil
personally I attribute my thickness to daily
coconut oil scalp massage. Vatika Oil

Last edited:
How is indian castor oil compared to jbco or regular castor oil. I agree with henna though. With practce the mess isn't as bad.

How is indian castor oil compared to jbco or regular castor oil. I agree with henna though. With practce the mess isn't as bad.
I'm not sure if indian castor oil is any different. I just needed some and picked it up at the shop where I get my eyebrows threaded.

My unrelaxed hair loved castor oil; but its a little heavy for my relaxed hair. Now, I only apply it occassionally on my scalp and hair a day or two before I wash it.

Back