Newbie saying hello & who needs advice :)

tanj

Well I wanted to stop through and say hello.I've already posted in the children section because i'm having trouble with maintaining my two DD's hair.

I did the BC exactly a year ago this month.Since my second born I stopped perming my hair.I've had long hair my whole life.No matter how short it has taken a year to grow back.This was my 1st time completely cutting off.I did so because of the two different textures.The pic with the long hair is a few months before I did this.I went to a shop.I can't flatten my hair like that but I hope to change that,lol.

I've gotten into the habit of just using whats around me to wash and co wash.I need to really take better care of my hair.No matter what it grows though,lol.I guess I need to thank my lucky stars cause i'd be in the world of trouble.

I've attached some photos of when I did my chop and where my hair is so far.The one with the fro is a demonstration of how dry my hair gets.

Also i'm ready to chunk everything in my cabinet and start fresh.In the last few months i've used Mixed Chicks off and on.I hadn't flatten my hair since we just moved back close to the south.We've been in WA state and I just went home recently to Louisiana and I swear the humidity tore me up,lol.So I need advice on when I do straighten my hair what do I need to use to combat the humidity?Also do I need a clarifying shampoo?I need some help cause clearly my hair is super dry....

Here's a list of whats under my cabinet.Please please tell my what to chunk in the trash,lol.

Curls Curling Creme
Castor & Mink Oil
Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner
Cantu Shea Butter in jar/Also got Oil Daily Moisturizer
Miss Jessie's Quick Curls
Carols Daughter Hair Milk Lite
ECO Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel
Redken Extreme PPT Concentrate (mind you i've never used and don't know what to mix it up with,lol)
Jamaican Mango & Lime Cactus Leave In/Also got Cactus Oil
Mizani Moisturfuse Poo and Cond'
Mixed Chicks Poo and Cond'
Carols Daughter Rosemary Mint Purifying Poo and Cond'

Alot of this stuff is just sitting there..

In the shower I use Nexxus Humetcress Cond' and I have Suave Humectant Poo and Cond'.Their all basically gone and I'm looking for the right Poo and Cond' to make my hair look and feel stronger.

Thanks,Tan

Attachments

• cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC02127.jpg
    DSC02127.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2532.jpg
    IMG_2532.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2547.jpg
    IMG_2547.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0258_JPG.jpg
    IMG_0258_JPG.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 23
I gave you your first thanks:look: Welcome to the board:wave: Use what ever products that works for you. All those products sound good to me.

Welcome! I'm going to check out your post in the children section. I have a 3 year old DD and I'm trying to grow out her hair too :) BTW I like ur hair!

Hi, welcome. I'm afraid I'm still learning myself so I'm not a person to give advice. But i've been researching a lot and none of those products sound bad to me. Perhaps you could modify your regime rather than the products themselves?

Hi, welcome. I'm afraid I'm still learning myself so I'm not a person to give advice. But i've been researching a lot and none of those products sound bad to me. Perhaps you could modify your regime rather than the products themselves?

Agreed. You use the products to see if they work for you. Remember your priority is keeping your protein and moisture balanced.

Thanks ya'll...I think thats what it is.I don't have a routine.I need to figure out a regime plus make sure my hair is getting protein and moisture like keyawarren was saying.

Thanks for the welcoming and compliments.I appreciate it.

Back