Newbie ????'s

SexySealina

Hi Ladies,

I am so excited I was a lurker for a lil while but couldn't stand it I had to post. Okay well here is the scenario, I just recently started taking care of my hair. It is damaged from coloring and my home perming endeavors. My regimen is as follows:

Shampoo w/Dove moisturizing shampoo
DC w/ africa's best organics hair mayo
Apply leave in profectiv breakthrough w/surge moisturizing lotion

That is it. My questions are: How soon should I see results so that I can know when a specific product isn't working for me? My hair is looking as if i don't even have a perm so should I go to a salon and get this corrected or just roll with the flow and texlax my new growth. I am just trying to get my hair healthy at this point. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you all for your help. Also I am available for adoption.. Hair sister adoption that is...LOL

I can usually tell its time to switch if a product is not giving me the results that I anticipated. It will be different for each person on knowing when to switch. FYI...you may become a product junkie:lachen:if you try every product that is suggested on this board:yep:. If your hair happens to like one product..stick with it! that would be my advice. hth!

Welcome Aboard:hug3:

Thanx IS for the help. I do feel myself becoming sort of a product junkie. But I feel that this will stop once I find the products that work for me. I am going to use my current regimen for about a couple of weeks and see how my hair likes it...

Welcome!

First of all, you might want to read this article by Sistaslick if you haven't already. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=84746. It gives great advice on how tell what your your hair needs, and what its supposed to feel like. Then you can tell if a product worked based on the way it makes your hair feel. After a while, it becomes second nature.

If you look in Sistaslick's siggy, she has a lot of great articles to help in your hair journey. :)

Last edited:
Hi! I'm new too. What's been helping me to to try hard to be very observant about how my hair behaves when I try somethign new. The easiest thing for me to observe is breakage. I've been using S-Curl for about a year and never noticed it helping, though I did notice that my hair was really soggy because of the humidity. I switched to ORS olive oil lotion and after a couple of days noticed breakage. Turns out that S-Curl works for me, I just need to be careful how much I apply.

I'm not liking the results I get from plain olive oil, so next paycheck I'm going to try coconut oil.

So give your products some time, but keep a close eye on your hair when you start something new.

Hi there welcome!!! I am bumping for your question on under processed hair because I have a simular problem...:prettyplease:

:newbie:

Welcome!!!!!

I've only started 2 months so I'm learning the ropes. When I started, I self-relaxed and my hair was underprocessed. I just let it be and labeled it texlaxed. I've been using protective styles everyday and CW 2x a week. I moisturize and then seal with EVOO. Like the other sistas have said, you'll just "know" if your hair likes what you are doing to it. Sounds weird- and it did to me at first, but it is so true!

Also, take pics!!!! You won't convince yourself that your hair is improving without the pics!!!!!!

HTH!!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm a Newbie! But I have been lurking on the website and taking some of the suggestions for about 2 years now :user:

Back