Newbie question

botanical_beauty

I'm in a wedding and the bride wants me to slick my hair back into a bun. What's the healthiest way to do this? What products should I use?

You could make sure your hair is freshly washed ( I find my hair lays down best at this time) and bring it al back into the bun. I use Aveda Control paste on my edges but I also find Aveda Humectant to be good for my edges as well. use some shine serum and put a scarf on and you should be good.

botanical_beauty said:
Thanks. Just regular aloe vera gel?

I don't have any Aveda products and I have no idea where to buy them here.

If there is a Bubbles hair salon in a mall near you they usually sell Aveda. Other than that Ive used Curl Activator Gel before. But Im not sure how the other ladies feel about that....

I always use my staple products: scurl, ntm silk touch leave in, then use a serum. Your bun will be soft and shiny. ;)

Jaegermany said:
If there is a Bubbles hair salon in a mall near you they usually sell Aveda. Other than that Ive used Curl Activator Gel before. But Im not sure how the other ladies feel about that....

Oh, I like the Fantasia IC gel with "sparklelites"...I get slick but not hard. I apply to wet freshly washed hair and tie down with a silk scarf.

When I start to get newgrowth, I like the BTZ stuff...can't think of the name of it right now but I do remember it was recommended by Pokahontas and it works well. Straight edges but not hard at all.

Good luck to you!

If your roots are a problem, try Sunsilk's Straighten-Up 24/7 Creme on them while your hair is wet. You can also layer on a small amount of Sunsilk Hydra TLC 24/7 Creme all over. This will keep your hair moisturized and preven fly-a-ways.

Back