newbie question: regarding flat ironing

lovegan

Hello everyone,

so i'm starting to flat iron my own hair (well, i've done it in the past...just with extremly damaging after-affects due to my lack of hair knowledge) and i wanted to know what prodcut to use on the hair?

heat protecting serum? creams (moisturizers?) a spray?

i'm not really sure what to put on my hair, but thanks to this forum i've learned definitely NOT oil :)

thanks!

Always use some kind of heat protectant before you flat iron. That should be all you need. Heat protectants come in sprays or serums it just depends on your preference. I like the Fantasia IC serum.

*note to self* I really need to try this Chi silk infusion :).

I always use a heat protectant, currently Nexuss Heat Protexx....but errah Navsegda is a Chi Silk Infusion pusher:lol: :lol: , so I may try that next

I use Redken Smooth Heat glide. You can get it at Target. I do need to try the Chi Infusion since everyone raves about it.

CAPlush said:
Do you add chi silk infusion to your wet or your dry hair? Or both?

I usually add it to dry hair now. However, in the past I've added it to wet hair only with great results. Thus, I think either way you do it would be fine. :)

JLove74 said:
I always use a heat protectant, currently Nexuss Heat Protexx....but errah Navsegda is a Chi Silk Infusion pusher:lol: :lol: , so I may try that next

haha, yeah well having read some posts on here about the chi silk infusion i found myself on amazon.com last night buying some!! :lol:

oh, i just wanted to say thanks for all of the replies. this is a great forum! :)

(I just realized that all of this time, my hair dresser had been using a petroleum based pressing oil on my hair...which is prob. why my hair had been breaking off after a flat iron...it looks good after i leave but...no good!)

Back