Newbie needs HELP Relaxer ???

BrownEyez22

Hello all, I did my own relaxer about two weeks ago, and I was so worried about overprocessing, that I didn't leave it on long enough. I used a Mizani sensitve scalp relaxer and my hair did not take what so ever. I was 8 weeks post at the time. Now my ng is really getting rough and coily and I would like to know if I really need to wait 4-6 weeks before I relax again? I was thinking about flat ironing the roots, but that is not gonna last long and I want to avoid direct heat. I did a rollerset and saran wrap and it came out so/so with these rough and puffy roots.

I am gonna let someone else do my relaxer this time, but I honestly don't think I can wait the 4-6weeks. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated:ohwell:

Hey there, I'm not sure why you haven't received replies yet. There is a sticky on "self relaxer support" that you might find helpful, however, since I texlax with Mizani Sensitive Scalp and this exact same thing JUST happened to me three and a half weeks ago...I thought I would reply.

I'm going to go ahead and WAIT four more weeks. I usually texlax every 12-15 weeks but this time since I'm sooo underprocessed I'm going to go for an 8 week touch up. I truly believe in waiting because it's for the health of my hair. It's no fun to be underprocessed, but it's even worse to suffer damage or breakage from too much chemical processing.

I would suggest waiting. :yep: Perhaps you can find styles that you haven't tried before to help you wait it out. I personally flat iron my roots and that works for me.

Hey there, I'm not sure why you haven't received replies yet. There is a sticky on "self relaxer support" that you might find helpful, however, since I texlax with Mizani Sensitive Scalp and this exact same thing JUST happened to me three and a half weeks ago...I thought I would reply.

I'm going to go ahead and WAIT four more weeks. I usually texlax every 12-15 weeks but this time since I'm sooo underprocessed I'm going to go for an 8 week touch up. I truly believe in waiting because it's for the health of my hair. It's no fun to be underprocessed, but it's even worse to suffer damage or breakage from too much chemical processing.

I would suggest waiting. :yep: Perhaps you can find styles that you haven't tried before to help you wait it out. I personally flat iron my roots and that works for me.

Thank You for answering I may have to just pull out my flat iron, because I don't want to risk any chemical damage since I have a little breakage already that is growing back in. I had been wearing alternative curly styles with the bantu sets, but I was just not expecting my rollerset to come out with poofy roots and silky ends. :perplexed

Back