Newbie Needs Encourgement

Angel1794

I'm currently wearing my hair in a ponytail, and I need a change from the same on look. The thing is I've tried the rollerset, but there was too much new growth and it looked a bit messy for me. I'm going to try it again but with a smaller roller and with the clamps instead of the pins. I want to self-relax to straighten out the new growth but I'm trying to reach a goal of 20 wks post relaxer. Does anyone have an suggestions that would get me out of the ponytail and into a different hair style(no flat irons)?

Little pass shoulder length - hair is shorter now due to shrinkage.
3b/c
15 weeks post relaxer.

Have you tried a braid out, or maybe a twist out? You don't need to use heat and they look great. A head full of twisty waves will probably help hide the texture difference between your new growth and relaxed hair too.

Thank you.

I'll try the braid-outs and see what happens. Can this be done on dry hair and just roughly how may braids do you suggest?

I usually use a little liquid leave in on my hair first ( Luxxtress or even Infusium) just enough to make it barely damp. Then I smooth a little bit of hemp seed oil (about a teaspoon full) through my hair. I make about 25 to 30 braids and let them air dry.

In a few hours I undo the braids and then wear the braid out down. My husband gets a kick out of it. My hair is ENORMOUS and so curly!:lol:

Back