NEWBIE!! Need Help and advice

RockCreak

Hey all,

I've been reading on this site for quite some time and decided to join because I see that I'm not in this alone. I'm really interested in the co-washing and dc growing challenges. I'll change my habits, lifestyle and :wallbash:; whatever it takes because I want to achieve my goal of tailbone length hair.

I've cut back all the products and junk that I was doing and I'm search of a regimen that is going to work for me.

I've recently started cowashing my hair with VO5 and condition with Garnier.(2-3x's per week) I use the Garnier masque 1x a week and dc 1x a week.

I think I'm onto a good start. I'm looking for some easy to do styles. I've been doing the braidouts and that seems to help...

Need your advice....come to my rescue!

I'm a newbie in Maryland too, and I'm in need of a realistic regimen that isnt too hard to stick to... seems like this Mega-Tek is hard to get ahold of... what's a braid out?

From my understanding, it's when you braid your hair (I usually do it overnight) and take it out. You have a crimp like look. It's very pretty...

No I don't have any pics right now, I am in the process of taking some and adding them.
I should have some in soon.

Hi there!!:wave:

I've been on here for awhile but haven't really participated until recently. As far as twist outs go, I used to do mine individually and take them out - but after I started pressing my hair it didn't give me the same fullness.
godmom.JPG Twisted color2.jpg

Now I twist them all back like cornrows and take them out and I like it better that way.

twistout.jpg

Looks like you're off to a good start with the regimen.

I do daily buns and only comb on wash days. This cuts down on the manipulation tremendously and has thickened my hair.:grin:

Now I twist them all back like cornrows and take them out and I like it better that way.

View attachment 16621

How do you get the ends to curl when you take them out? I used to do that style.. actually I did it twice a few years back when stretching, and it was pretty... now when I do it my ends look like they are scraggly and stringy and flying away... Any advice?

How do you get the ends to curl when you take them out? I used to do that style.. actually I did it twice a few years back when stretching, and it was pretty... now when I do it my ends look like they are scraggly and stringy and flying away... Any advice?

Ok - well I'm not as product savvy as a lot of these ladies on here, but when I do it, whichever product I happen to use (mousse, leave in conditioner, gel, etc.) I make sure to put extra on the ends and tie it all back in a ponytail holder and tuck the ends in. That usually works. And if it still doesn't look right when I take it out, I put some product on whichever parts seem to lack curl - not too much, but just enought to give it some texture.

Thanks Eclass215! I'm gonna go home and try that today as soon as I get home and cook dinner and pick out clothes for the kids and wash some clothes and put the baby to bed! Whew!
hope I'm not to tired to do it right! What products do you find give the best all day shine????

Thanks Eclass215! I'm gonna go home and try that today as soon as I get home and cook dinner and pick out clothes for the kids and wash some clothes and put the baby to bed! Whew!
hope I'm not to tired to do it right! What products do you find give the best all day shine????

Lol @ all that stuff you have to do later. I hope you're not too tired too!

Well I bought that Miss Jessie's curly merengue in June and it gave it lots of shine, but not a lot of movement. Most of the time I use Suave Curling Mousse because I like how my hair sets and stays curly but not too hard. It's not very shiny though so I either use some Biosilk hair serum or Organics tea Tree shine spray.

DMV IN THE HIZZOUSE!!! welcome!!! :)

now are you relaxed or natural?

I'm relaxed however I have that type of hair that still curls up no matter what I put in it. I guess it's good that I have that opt because it allows me to wear the wash and go easily.

Back