Newbie Introducing (With Pics)

lijm83

Hello Everyone,

So after some time lurking around, I found a lot of information regarding my HHJ, I decided to join LHCF. This is my story (copied from my fotki account).

After my hair breaking in 2006, due to chemical relaxers, I decided to cut my hair and weave it up. I did this for two years, in 2008 I decided to go natural, still weaving my hair away.

When I didn't have a weave I would flat iron my hair so I could wear it out.

In june 2009 I had a "setback", my hair wouldn't do what I wanted it to do, couldn't get a weave so I decided to chemically,Wave Nouveau/dry curl, alter my hair.

Didn't take as well as I expected it to and couldn't do anything with it. So I threw away about three years of progress. I decided after this to not use any chemicals on my hair anymore and was slowly cutting alway the chemically treated hair. I was stilling using heat though to get my hair straight.

I started researching more about healthy natural hair and stopped using heat in January 2010.

I cut away all the heat damage on March 22nd of 2010. This was my second BC.

I wasn't really comfortable wearing my hair out, since I still didn't know how I could really accentuate my curls and my hair was really short, which was something I wasn't really used to. The first day I started wearing my hair out was April 28th of 2010.

I got great reactions from almost everyone, more important than this is that I'm finally comfortable with my hair. This happened on May 8th of 2010.

Some progress pics are attached below.

Sorry in advance if the pictures are too big.

Last edited:
I got great reactions from almost everyone, more important than this is that I'm finally comfortable with my hair. This happened on May 8th of 2010.

That's excellent, that's what counts and your hair is doing wonderful, w/e ur doing keep it up oh and welcome to the board

Welcome to the board and congratulations, not only on your fantastic progress, but on finally accepting your hair for what it is! It looks lovely BTW! Thanks for sharing your story! :)

Back