Newbie-In-the-howzze

Soldier Girl

Hello Ladies,
I have actually been on LHCF(stalking) since April but never took the time to add pics or ask questions. I must say that I loooooove :love: this site so much. I realize now that some of the ladies at the salons really have no clue. Not all just some. Please no one :fishslap: me for being so honest.
I guess everyone has a story so here ya go....

My name is true (Im a Soldier Girl in the Army :armyhat:)
I moved from Md to Texas about one year ago. Not realizing the harsh water in Texas my hair started slowly breaking/falling out/drying out. Not to mention the person doing my hair allowed me to get a relaxer every 30 days. This is what I strated with in Maryland. Hair was sitting on my shoulders. 000_0080.jpg

12 months later 000_0003.jpg hair breaking all the way to the bew growth. I decided to get braids but used too much Infusium 23. Ended up cutting 4 inches off and have not had a relaxer since May. I plan to wear protective styles until November. Thats my story and I'm sticken to it. So any help would be appreciated and I promise to pay you back! (dont know how yet:yep: )
Thanks in advance

:armyhat: Girl

welcome!!!

The Braids are a good idea. Gives your hair a break a little while (thats my little advice)
I dont know about most but I would like to be paid back in PICS of your hair in the future....Hehhehe. That would be composenation enough for me. : )

You are so right!!!! "Salons have no clue!" In my experience all they wanted to do was style and not care for my hair. All that burning with perms, then flat ironing, thennnn the spritz etc.... all the Ssshh killed my hair.
Again welcome!!!

Welcome!! Glad you realized that you have to use the infusium sparingly. I think its a great product but too much can cause your hair to be hard and break off>!

Happy hair journey!

Hello and Welcome!
Are you going to become natural or do you plan on relaxing again?
What have you been doing to combat the hard water in your new state?
You can try installing a shower filter or final rinsing with distilled water.
I believe ACV may work on your hair also.
Please chick out this video for what a youtuber does to combat the hard water in her area.
HHG and Good luck.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your stretch!! I can relate to the breakage after braids thing and I'm glad you're taking the right steps to come out on top again.

Good luck!

welcome!!!

I dont know about most but I would like to be paid back in PICS of your hair in the future....Hehhehe. That would be composenation enough for me. : )

Consider it done. :grin: I wish I would have taken pics back in March/April so that I could track my process by pictures. I was too frantic :cry3::cry3: then so maybe its best I did'nt.

I don't really have any advice, since I'm not relaxed. I just wanted to say welcome to the forum! :)

quote nikki2229
Are you going to become natural or do you plan on relaxing again?
What have you been doing to combat the hard water in your new state?
You can try installing a shower filter or final rinsing with distilled water.
I believe ACV may work on your hair also.
Please chick out this video for what a youtuber does to combat the hard water in her area.
HHG and Good luck.[/quote]

Nikki2229,
Thank you so much, Where were you months ago. :thumbsup: I actually purchased the attachment for about 200. The video describes our area to the T. Chalky stuff on the windows and dishes. I have noticed a big difference. I think I want to be texlaxed, since perms are so harsh. Again thank you for the information. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Last edited:
SEMO,
Your hair is very pretty, how did you get it to grow so long? I see it says you did a BC a few years ago. Thanks for the welcome :grin:

SEMO,
Your hair is very pretty, how did you get it to grow so long? I see it says you did a BC a few years ago. Thanks for the welcome :grin:
Thank you for the compliment. :)

Time, patience and protecting my ends (to maintain the length that I gain) are pretty much all I did. I have a simple routine. Once I found the products that worked for me I stuck with them. I only try a few new products a year. It's all about consistency for me.

Back