NEWBiE: i NEED a regimen quick. Help!

MsTiffanie

I've been snooping around on the forum for sometime now and I'm driving myself insane trying to figure out hairtype and what kinds of products to use [i just figured out what baggying was yesterday]. I'm aiming for fullness. My hair is extremely thick but its so dull, I use to have hair down my back, then I colored it and it just went down hill from there. I want it to growwwwww again! :wallbash:

n77404556_30863375_8907.jpg

First, are you natural or relaxed? Determine level of damage and set realistic goals for 6mths, 1 yrs, 2yrs, and 4 yrs.

Second, read this... http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/288340/hair_regimen_building_for_newbies.html

Third, find products that make your hair feel soft and managable.

Fourth, keep it simple.

Here's a Basic Regimen:
Wash 1x per week
DC 2x per week
Clarify 1x per month
Protein 1x per month
Air Dry almost always
Relax (if relaxed) every 10-12 weeks
Moisturize and seal every day

I relax like 1-2 times a year. My hair is just always super dry and my ends are always splitting no matter how much i moisturize it seems like my hair just soaks it right up.

What are you moisturizing with?
Do you apply a leave-in and if so what brand?
How do you normally wear your hair?
Do you brush it often?
How often do you DC?

I relax like 1-2 times a year. My hair is just always super dry and my ends are always splitting no matter how much i moisturize it seems like my hair just soaks it right up.

I say look at Sylver2's regimen. She has thick hair. Her regimen is fairly uncomplicated and seem to be working very well for her. I'm sure there are many others, but she comes to mind first.

What are you moisturizing with? Profectiv and Olive Oil
Do you apply a leave-in and if so what brand? I dont use a leave in
How do you normally wear your hair? I normally wear it straight since its so short now i dont know what to do with it
Do you brush it often? I dont brush often ; it causes breakage
How often do you DC? I just began DC after each wash 1x a week[/quote]

Thanks for your help btw:drunk:

How do you normally wear your hair? I normally wear it straight since its so short now i dont know what to do with it

No Problem...If Protectiv isnt working try something else like Elasta QP Mango Butter or get a spray bottle and mix aloe vera juice and rose water that helps. Also olive oil makes my hair feel dry...try coconut oil or castor oil.

I used to have a problem holding moisture until I started DCing with professional quality conditioners. Cheapies are good for braidouts and for an extra boost but they dont have what it takes to penetrate the hair like it should. I use Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. I've also heard great things about Nexxuss Humectress (my next buy).
I strongly encourage using a leave-in conditioner. It has complimented my DCs. I use Rusk Smoother Sensories and its so moisturizing.
You can continue to wear your hair out as long as you're not using direct heat weekly. Are you rollersetting or airdrying straight?

Welcome I am a newbie with the same problem
trying moisture the for the first time in my life.

I agree stop using Profectiv. I didn't like the results with Profectiv something in just seemed to make my hair weak and brittle.I got the same results with Mango Butter but some people rave about it. I switch to Bonner Brothers moisturizer and sealing my ends with oil.

Your goal is to find a good moisturizer and deep conditioner.

Keep it simple is the way to go, especially when you are just starting out. Find one thing you love then build around that, for me it was coconut oil. It's the best thing that has ever happened to my hair. Then I found Miss Key's 10 en 1 I love that so much too, it's my usual deep conditioner and I added coconut oil to that!

also watch out for the shampoos that you use try to avoid cones glycols parabens try to use natural shampoo go to http://healthycurls.awardspace.com/
check out the sulfates/cleansing section and the silicone free conditioners this site helped me alot i was a newby not to long ago

Back