Newbie Here

Hello, I finally joined LHCF :grin:. I've been following you ladies and your gorgeous hair for months now and I've actually been using your tips for my own hair. I have shoulder length hair, but i would love to have APL before the summer. I stopped relaxing my hair in october and have been wearing braids in my hair. This is a new experience for me because it's been a long time since I've stretched a relaxer and my hair I've noticed is growing very thick and strong. Very pleased with the results. However I do have a question, when I visit my grandmother in New York she takes me to a Dominican hair salon and they work wonders for my hair. But since I live in Pittsburgh I have a hard time trying to find a hair dresser. Does everyone know of any Dominican Hair Salons in Pittsburgh PA?

hey....I too am a newbie.:D Sorry i cant answer your question about the hairdresser, but WELCOME....;) Happy Hair Growing!!!

Sorry, I can't help you on Dominican salons but I wanted to say WELCOME! :)

Welcome!!1 You will learn so much on here. Sorry I can not help you. I do not go to salons either.

Hi yah:yay: :yay:

For Dominican Salons go look under the salon review forum and search for past post in your area, but if you still don't find it, someone posted a link to a search engine that listed a Domincan Salon Network. Be careful not all Domincan Salons Rock!! Also look for Dispora Hair Care site they are backed by Roundbrush.com (i think) they sell products and maybe you could contact one or both to find Salons in your area.

HTH

And as always happy hair growing LHCF is the:clap: :king: :clap: King!!!

thank you ladies for the welcomes, i feel at home already. Yeah I had a few bad experiences with the hair salons here. First I went to one where the lady relaxed my hair, but couldn't roller set it because "my hair is too curly" I've never heard that one before, she put 7 different wraping lotions in my hair before i said that was enough, made her re-wash my hair and just blow dry it out. Then I went to another salon wher they told me to lay off the relaxers (which was a good idea) but then she tried to push motion hair products on me, that stuff dries my hair out so bad. I tried to ger her to give me another recomendation but she couldn't think of anything else... The domican salon I go to in nyc is the best, my hair always feels so healthy for weeks after i leave there, which makes me wish they would move down here. I'm going to do the search thing ya'll were telling me about, hopefully I find something that gets good reviews, because once i decide to perm my hair agian i'm going to need a professional. Usually I do my own perms but i have so much new growth i think it's time to call the pros. Most likely I will do my own perm again:p

Back