newbie here!What conditioners are THE absolute best?

JerriBlank

hi there! i am new on here and i don't know if there is already a thread on this ,but i really need a good deep conditioner for type 4a/4b hair. i am currently in braids and i just need something that i can use with and w/o braids to properly penetrate the hair shaft. i have heard great things about the dominican conditioners,but i'm sure that there are tons of them out there,and i would just like some guidance more than anything else on this topic. Any responses would be appreciated,so thanks!

thanks for the welcome fallback! i really need to find that thread!Everything i'm seeing here so far is all good and i'm getting excited about all the info i'll learn!

Kenra MC
some people like Nexxus, its ok.
I've never tried Aveda DR (can't afford right now) but I heard it was the best.

I'm a MissKey 10en1 fiend!!!
I just started using 2 weeks ago
and I'm absolutely in love with it.
I really like Silicon Mix Intensive Treatment.
I think the key to it is using the 15-10-10 method
described in Lisa Akbari's book... I'm too lazy
too re-type... I wrote about it on my blog.

Online ordering:

Elucence Moisture Balance - hands down!

In store purchase:

Keracare Humecto
Design Essentials Stimulations
Matrix Biolage Ultra hydrating conditioner
Paul Mitchell Moisture conditioner

thanks for the responses and welcomes ladies!you guys are so nice! Southerntease,i'm headed to your blog right now!I am familiar with the aveda damage remedy line,i have an almost empty tube of the intensive treatment at home right now. the thing is that it costs so much(thirty dollars is "so much" for me)for that lil tube,and i'm looking for something that will not take so much to apply consistently to my braids,you know? But i can see what the common ones are so far,so i'll be trying them one at a time!!Sorry to keep going on for so long,but i have soooooooo much to learn from you all!One more thing,has anyone ever tried anita grant products? The prices are reasonable on her website,but i don't want to shell out too much for that shipping and be disappointed:crying3:cause lawd knows how i take it when products don't work out!!1

southern tease!!!your hair is so healthy looking and beautiful!that's where i want to get back to being before i worry about how long it gets! where can i find the miss key 10 en 1?

i have yet to find one that i like...

so far i have tried curls tea tree condish and elasta qp dpr

the curls conditioner is just too expensive and dpr feels like straight wax (althoug it seems to do the job *shrugs*)

i am going to try the motions moisture plus next...once i finish this was elasta calls a deep conditioner!!!

Motions Moisture Plus (add olive oil if needed)

Verifen Complex Advanced Conditioning Treatment (no oil needed)

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose & Aubrey Organics GPB (add olive oil to these if needed)

Kenra. Kenra. Kenra. Kenra. Kenra.

Did I say Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner?:lachen:

Oh yeah, Kenra too. If I leave it on for more than 15 min or use heat it doesn't work too well, otherwise it's perfection.

I heard Elucence and Kenra are owned by the same parent company.

so many new options!!!i cant' wait to get started! The only thing is that i would have to order most of this stuff off the internet,cause most of the beauty supply stores in this area are very limited. maybe i can request that some of it be ordered.I might try that or just go ahead and pay the shipping and handling.

Hey Newbie,
Loves my Kenra, Elucence, Silicon mix, & Redken Heavy Cream. But, I just tried that Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Deep Conditioning Mask and its the bomb!!!! and no on-line ordering or wallet breaking.:grin:

Back