Newbie Here :) (Long Post)

9.gif

I agree w/ the great advice that the previous posters have given.

I would see if I could get my hair healthier before cutting a lot of it. If I needed to, I would give it a little trim and go from there.

CO Washes keep my hair very moisturized. Sometimes, I do use Breakthru Shampoo, which is extremely moisturizing and doesn't cause build-up on my hair. I do ACV Rinses to clarify my hair and they make my hair feel great! :grin:

I agree w/ starting off w/ products that aren't expensive to see if your hair likes them. My hair thrives using inexpensive products. Some of the most moisturizing conditioners that I use are White Rain Coconut Conditioner, White Rain Intensive Moisture Conditioner, Daily Daily Defense Tender Apple and Suave Tender Apple. They are AWESOME!!!
25.gif
I've used them for CW's and deep conditioning. Sometimes, I add a little bit of honey and oil to my conditioners.

I don't want to overwhelm you w/ info. When you have the time, you may want to read the henna threads. I've been using henna and other Indian herbal powders (Amla, Shikakai, Neem, etc...) on my hair since January and my hair absolutely loves them!
6.gif
Of them all, henna is my favorite.

I'm sorry that this is so long. I was trying not to forget anything.

One more thing, as a leave-in conditioner and for daily moisture, I use S-Curl Spray on my hair and even when the temperature was over 100 degrees, my hair remained moisturized w/o being frizzy.

HTH :)

I am definitely keeping heat out of my regimine now. As of Tuesday 9/5/06 I have not put an iron or blow dryer to my hair. I am also starting to wash 2x a week and deep condition 1x a week. I think if i stick to it I will be alright.

I know my hair is capable of growing at a normal rate if I just stop messin with it. I know this cuz one time I had small braids in my head for like 5 months and my hair grew out sooooo much it was crazy. I know it's because it wasnt being ironed and tugged at everyday. thats the reason I have most of my length now. lemme tell u tho i was looking a hot mess but i never had the time to take them out, lol.

Back