Newbie here.....kind of confused

2bmrspotts

Happy Holiday all.
Im new the the board....well ive been a lurker and finally decided to start posting.

Im still learining all the acronyms and abbreviations for everything ...lol

My hair is pretty thick, a little longer than mmy shoulders and It hasnt been relaxed since September 07 and ive been letting it just grow out. I plan to relax again in April 08' for my wedding
In the meantime Im trying to find the best regimen out there to keep it as healthy and strong as possible.

I plan to try the alternate rollerset I just read about and Im heading out to get some coconut oil, a good deep conditioner and shampoo.

Any other suggestions you all have I woud GREATLY appreciate. This is all new to me and im trying to learn all I can.

Happy Holiday all.
Im new the the board....well ive been a lurker and finally decided to start posting.

Im still learining all the acronyms and abbreviations for everything ...lol

My hair is pretty thick, a little longer than mmy shoulders and It hasnt been relaxed since September 07 and ive been letting it just grow out. I plan to relax again in April 08' for my wedding
In the meantime Im trying to find the best regimen out there to keep it as healthy and strong as possible.

I plan to try the alternate rollerset I just read about and Im heading out to get some coconut oil, a good deep conditioner and shampoo.

Any other suggestions you all have I woud GREATLY appreciate. This is all new to me and im trying to learn all I can.

congrats on your wedding!

I would say keeping things simple is best. Don't use too many products, switch products every couple of months. Once your hair starts to grow the more difficult it will be to detangle and stuff of that sort.

Congrats on your wedding! Im getting married in march! My last relaxer was in October and I dont plan on relaxing until before the wedding either. My hair seems to be behaving just fine without it for now so I say the less often I apply chemicals to it, the better.

One tip I do have is when/if your new growth gets out of control, a ponytail rollerset gets the roots really straight. I do 6 ponytails with ouchless bands sprayed with oil sheen or dipped in oil to prevent friction. Then I put 1-2 rollers on each one. My roots get straighter this way. You could probably do 9 to 12 ponytails but Im lazy lol.

Welcome!!...Congrats on your wedding!!!
As for tips, find a simple routine that is not too difficult to keep up. For the new growth I use coconut oil, jojoba oil to soften. I use Amla oil to soften and detangle and as an oil rinse. The Amla is really a God send as far as detangling goes for lots of NG. Good luck and let us know what routine that you come with.

Congrats and welcome to the board...
Great advice from the ladies and sistaslicks info is great she has several articles you could read via her fotki....so i stalk...so? lol
Keep it simple dont interfere with your hair too much just keep it moisturised and then add more moisture, use protein if you want a bit of strength.
Theres not really much to it just listen to your hair.

Good Luck

Uzz

Rachique:
OT: you really have gorgeous hair!!!

OH!! Thank you...That was a lovely surprise...*hugs*
Thanks. Im blushin for some crazy reason!
Im so jealous of your flexi rod...I cant do anything like that to save my life...gorgeous!
lol
Thank you...a girl can never get enough compliments

Congrats on your wedding! Im getting married in march! My last relaxer was in October and I dont plan on relaxing until before the wedding either. My hair seems to be behaving just fine without it for now so I say the less often I apply chemicals to it, the better.

One tip I do have is when/if your new growth gets out of control, a ponytail rollerset gets the roots really straight. I do 6 ponytails with ouchless bands sprayed with oil sheen or dipped in oil to prevent friction. Then I put 1-2 rollers on each one. My roots get straighter this way. You could probably do 9 to 12 ponytails but Im lazy lol.

Merry Christmas Everyone and Thank you for all the tips.
I plan to do the ponytail rollerset tomorrow. I need to go out and find a good shampoo without the Sodium Laureth Sulfate. Im hoping that I can find it in a local store and not have to order it online.
I will also grab some coconut oil (not sure where to find that either) and a good conditioner.

You ladies are great. Im just sorry I waited so long to post

Merry Christmas Everyone and Thank you for all the tips.
I plan to do the ponytail rollerset tomorrow. I need to go out and find a good shampoo without the Sodium Laureth Sulfate. Im hoping that I can find it in a local store and not have to order it online.
I will also grab some coconut oil (not sure where to find that either) and a good conditioner.

You ladies are great. Im just sorry I waited so long to post

A lot of people here use shampoos from the Creme of Nature line. Their moisturizing and they don't leave your hair dry. They're not too expensive either!

Congrats! You sound like me...I have not had a relaxer since September 2007, no heat in a month...my wedding is in April 2008 and I plan on relaxing at the end of March '08 (no heat til then). :drunk:
I purchased a sulphate free shampoo from CVS the other day by Burt's Bees...its 98% natural. The only thing is to follow with a great conditioner b/c it really makes your hair feel dry.

Good luck! :grin:
http://public.fotki.com/Blckbttrfly/

Congrats! You sound like me...I have not had a relaxer since September 2007, no heat in a month...my wedding is in April 2008 and I plan on relaxing at the end of March '08 (no heat til then). :drunk:
I purchased a sulphate free shampoo from CVS the other day by Burt's Bees...its 98% natural. The only thing is to follow with a great conditioner b/c it really makes your hair feel dry.

Good luck! :grin:
http://public.fotki.com/Blckbttrfly/

Thank you for the info
I was wondering where I could find something natural to use without having to order it online right away.
(dang I shouldve seen this last night cause I went to CVS...lol)

Back