Newbie Here...Here's my story ladies

sharkiee00

sharkiee
I'm new to LHCF but not new. I have been looking and reading post at this website for about a year now. Summertime 2003 I went to get a haircut (I wanted this cute Kelly Osbourne style and the beautician said I was in need of a cut. I usually don't need to get that much cut off but she cut my mid almost shoulder length hair to about 2 inches. (i'm still skeptical about haircuts with stylist I don't know I swear they say you need a big chop and you really don't) I thought I looked like a boy. So I found you guys. I've been sitting back chillin in the cut until I took the time to say hey..I'm going to be about taking care of my hair. That was December 2004. I was using a lye relaxer (Motions for about 6 years) but since my scalp is soo dry and itchy.. I thought it would be better going with a no lye relaxer (Precise) that would not burn from scratching. I might change though. I've started taking a multi vitamin Elon Matrix complete with Biotin, Silica and L-Cysteine. I use to wash my hair 2 to 3 times a week but found that it took away the natural oils my hair created and I went to 1 day a week. First, I wash with Pantene relaxed and Natural poo. Then I have queen helen's cholesterol that I mixed with tea tree oil. I let that sit on my hair about and hour (i also wrapped plastic wrap around it so it can self heat). my boyfriend and mom laugh at me, but it works. I wash that out. use the pantene relaxed and natural conditioner. Wash out. now these products were suggested to me by a friend who has long almost bra lenghth hair. They work for me. I put a tube of Fermodyl 0233 (protein but not hardcore protein) for double processed hair on. Then i put french perms stabilizer in my hair. just a quarter size of the stabilizer. It is great as a detangler. I blow dry my hair half dry. Then tie it down until completely dry. I bought a ceramic flat iron. FHI. I love it but only use once a week. I use castor oil on my ends and on scalp sometimes. Find it has helped with growth. I oil scalp with BB lite grease. not often during the week it can make my scalp itch more. I'm getting some shea and mango butter for my ends. and plan on ordering some coconut oil. I also plan on getting some Biosilk silk therapy and nexxus emergencee. If you guys have any suggestions on where to purchase. My hair has grown alot since summer 2003. I probably would have longer hair if i've would have been doing the things i'm doing now earlier. Just looking to get some support from the awesome women here. Hair lenghth now i have layers but the back is just starting to past shoulder length. Ends are healthy and I am getting lots of complements. Thanks to you guys

Peace love and (just a little) hairgrease
Sharkiee

Hello Former Lurker!:wave:

You can buy Emergencee and Biosilk at Ulta and at Beauty Salons (I've seen at some Wal Mart beauty salons) .

Happy Hair Growing!

Welcome! :newbie: Glad that you joined us finally, and also I am happy that you found a regimen for you. If it works, stick with it :yep: Don't be like me and buy everything that is mentioned on the board :lol:

Question: I know that your regimen is really working for you but what is up with using the blowfryer once a week? :perplexed

Welcome!!! :wave: It sounds like you have a pretty good regimen. Oh yeah, you can also buy those products at many JC Penny's hair salons.

Welcome! If you are an INTERNET product junkie like myself, ebay is the place to be for hair care products!

I love Biosilk, but I find that NTM serum works the same and is much cheaper, and also can be found at my local drugstore. Good luck with your hair care journey!

anky said:
Welcome! :newbie: Glad that you joined us finally, and also I am happy that you found a regimen for you. If it works, stick with it :yep: Don't be like me and buy everything that is mentioned on the board :lol:

Question: I know that your regimen is really working for you but what is up with using the blowfryer once a week? :perplexed

Well, i use the blow dryer once a week just to dry my hair halfway. I'm looking into buying a hood dryer (which I hate those and sitting under those) or an ceramic blow dryer but those are expensive. I feel that my hair needs some type of heat. But if anyone has any other ideas let me know

Back