newbie hair grower

Sapphire_chic

Hi, im new to this site this is my first post. Recently i decided that it doesnt have to be my fate to have shortish hair i mean i dont often see black women with my hair type with long hair and generally ive grown up being told it was impossible, but after browsing through this forum...its obvious it isnt :D

my starting hair is 4b and just passes my neck and i do get it relaxed...im not quite sure how often though :confused:

i have to admit im abit confused as to what reguime to take up, i really want to start off on the right foot. from what i've read on this forum i was thinking somewhere along the lines of washing and deep conditioning 1-2x a week. ive already stopped using blow dryers for some months and i find that has improved the strength of my hair. i straighten my hair and use harse heats like curling irons only on special occasions which isnt very often at all. i tend to wear my hair in a ponytail to protect it on most regular days (especially the winter)

i currently use a range of products on my hair, not all at once but i just dont have a product i stick to, especially with moisturisers. Im not sure if you're allowed to brand name...yea actually ive seen people do it :lol: shampoos like tresemme,VO5 etc and moisturisers like dark and lovely daily oil seal...i also use a water based hair spray to keep my hair from drying out. Im not sure what will be better for my hair using lotions or as i've read quite alot of people on here use oils but i heard oils dont add
moisture so im not quite sure about that :confused:

anyways i was just passing the threshold of my 1st post here and i hope post many more...hopefully not so longwinded in the future :eek:
if anyone with my hair type or not i dont really mind, has any starter points feel free to post :)

Welcome, Supergir1

As you experiment, you will get a regimen under your belt. This site will be a great resource for you and you will love it here.

I wish you well.

Hey Supergir1! I'm new to the forums too, and still trying to find products and a regimen that works for me as well. Good luck with your hair journey :)

Hello.. Welcome
You will have to just kind of find your way along. I had to just go to the beartuy shop one day and try out somethings i had heard about. I am a newbie ish too.... You will find out what works for you by trial and error :)

Back