Newbie cowashing help...

Chiba_revolution

Okay for the last 2 weeks I have used no heat on my hair and washed my hair twice a week, -1 is the DC + shampoo the other co wash-
I then place my hair in roller sets and leav it to dry and then wrap my hair up in a silk scraf.
But on sunday I decided to do a protein treatment nexxus emmergence and after that even when I placed the deep conditioner nexxus humstress my hair was a bit hard. However I placed nexxus humstress without using heat to penerate my head is that bad?

Okay for the last week I have experianced bad breakage and no matter how much moisture I place on it the hair is breaking.
I place my hair up in a pin but it still gets matty and when I run my fingers through my hair little tangled balls come out.
Even when I washed my hair a lot someone unnerving happened.
You know when you wash your hair over your head and you can see the longest part of your hair, well little by little the longest hairs kept coming out!:wallbash:
So can anyone help me with my problem?
I tried talking to my mum but she said that african hair should only be washed every month...and am going to lose my hair....help

A couple of years ago I did protein treatments and had lots of breakage. LOTS.

Contact Secera and Kinicakes, those two come mind, they cane help you.

Okay I will thanx - god found some on the keyboard- Um why did your hair break with the protein treatment and how did you stop it?

All hair doesn't like protein treatments. When I first joined the boards someone mentioned it and I tried it. After cutting 3 inches it was better. I hope you don't have to do that. Go ahead and contact those members so that you can get in under control.

Also, remember not to try everything you read about and once you get your regimen down, stick to it.

I think Jlove also does protein treatments.

What r you using as a moisturizer.

I use Emergency and Humectress and haven't had a problem.

Using no heat w/ ur Humectress shouldn't be a huge problem--but I would leave it on with a cap or plastic bag on ur head for at least an hour.

After I wash out the Humectress I use a creamy leave in--Sunsilk Hydra TLC and I use ORS Olive Oil Cream for a moistuizer--focusing on my ends.

It sounds like ur hair needs to be upped in the moisture department.

Ur next washes--make sure u use a moisturizing shampoo and Deep Condition each time.

Also---if ur ends are air drying 'crunch' and 'tangled' up--that is how they will be when fully dried and then here come the tangles.

Try drying in a roller set or air-drying with ur hair down--and then use carusos.----got that tip from a fellow LHCF member and my hair LUVS it!

ETA: this is how i air dry http://public.fotki.com/ayoung/2007--apl-challange/

Last edited:
Thanx! but when I airdry in rollersets my hair isn't completely straight:ohwell: and then when it comes down and I pin it up using bobby pins it becomes tangeled. But I will try airdrying with my hair down.
I need more moisture?:perplexeddamn would doing a deep condition with keracare humecto every 3 days bring up my levels back to sctrach (+ daily moisture and scarfing)

What are carusos?

Back