Newbie Bantu Knot out

hypek

Hi ladies!

I have been stalking the boards since February and decided that today it was finally time for me to officially join, so hello to all!

I have really learned a lot from all of you, including my new obsession... bantu knot outs! I have attached pics of the one I did today. I used:

Leonor Greyl Bamboo Shampoo (sulfate free)
HE Body Envy Conditioner

I then put Silicon Mix on my hair as a leave in and let air dry til about 75% dry. Then I applied NTM leave in and sealed with Leonor Greyl Palm Oil and made my knots. 3 hours later, I took the knots down and fluffed with my fingers.

Thanks again to all of you! I used to be a heat junkie, but since Feb, I havent used heat at all! :drunk:

Attachments

• bknots.jpg
    bknots.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 186
  • bkout.jpg
    bkout.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 207
  • bkout2.jpg
    bkout2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 252
At first I tried doing them on dry hair after watching one of Sylver's videos... but the knots wouldnt stay. I guess my hair needs the dampness to actually stay coiled in the knot.

Try it! I bet it would look so cute on you!

GREAT JOB!!! I used Sylver's videos to learn how to do braid outs. I haven't tried the bantu knots yet, but looking at your results I'm tempted to wash out my roller set on Friday and try them....
Welcome to the board!

Looks good! Bantu knots were one of my favorite styles when I had hair. :yep: That's actually the first style I also learned as a newbie here! Can't wait til it grows back a little longer so I can start doing them again!

thanks! I told my mom about the boards and she and my sister are doing knotous too! By the way, I'm releaxed and my color is the result of me growing out my color from a year ago. my hair got so dry and brittle... never again.

I love that look, your hair looks great! Can someone please provide a link to a good bantu knot instructional video...this looks like a great styling option :yep:

I love that look, your hair looks great! Can someone please provide a link to a good bantu knot instructional video...this looks like a great styling option :yep:

go to youtube.com and type in crownofhisglory- bantu knots. She really helped me out a lot. My BK's are very pretty. I was 2 strand twisting then knoting-:nono: The correct way is to finger twist then knot. Check her out!

go to youtube.com and type in crownofhisglory- bantu knots. She really helped me out a lot. My BK's are very pretty. I was 2 strand twisting then knoting-:nono: The correct way is to finger twist then knot. Check her out!

yeah, ive seen people do 2 strand twists and then knot. that takes too much time for me. my arms get tired lol!

That's really cute. Bantu knot outs are one thing I haven't experimented with much yet. I'm just scared it will take 5 days to fully dry, lol.

Your's are so pretty! I did a twist-out last night and tried to do a bantu knot....didn't work out and i moved on to doing the twists with curling rods.Good job tho!

Back