NEWBIE ALERT!

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
Hello All!

Like many other Newbies, I have been a chronic lurker for many weeks, and I
decided to suck it up and finally buy a membership to this great forum. I wanted to say that you all have served as a great resource to me, and like many others, I cannot wait to begin this journey to healthier, stronger, longer, and overall more beautiful hair. I look forward to giving and receiving advice, and my photo's will come shortly. Thank You!

Mai Tai :newbie:

A little more about my hair journey:

I wore dreds from the age of 7-15. At 15, I then cut them off, got braids, and after a year of wearing braids, I relaxed my hair for the first time, and haven't looked back since. Currently, I have SL relaxed hair with highlights. I have been have some increased breakage, and shedding, and have been at the same length now for over a year.

I typically wear my hair straight-wrapped, and truly do not like protective styles like buns, and braids.

My current regimine (If you can call it that) is:

-Shampoo weekly with Nexxus Therrape (or pay a visit to my highly talented stylist)
Condition with Nexxus Humectruss, use Nexxus Heat Protect, and Mizani Foam Wrap, comb straight, air dry for 1-2 hours, then blowdry and flatiron, finish with Biosilk Silk Therapy.
- Relax every 6 weeks.

Obviously this reggie is not working for me, and every since I have started lurking at LHCF, I have incorporated the following into my reggie: Aphogee 2-minute Recon. Roux porosity control, Elasta QP-Mango Butter, Pantene Clarifying shampoo, Nexxus Karaphix, and ORS Replinishing packs, and it has been 7 weeks since my last relaxer.

Anny suggestions on improvements? Sorry so long..I'm just so happy to be here!

Back