Newbie Alert!!!!

missty1029

Hello and good night everyone!!! My name is Michelle and I am so glad I found you guys!!!!!! My hair has been how can I say my friend and my enemy for most of my life!!!

Just a little bit of history, my mother is Italian and my father is black but I only grew up with my mom. She had no clue whats so ever what to do with my hair. To add to that, I grew up in a large latin community so Ii tried to do what my friends were doing and lets just say it didnt work. One day I told my dad on our weekend visit , daddy I want the wet look like my friends. And yall know what they wet look is in the 80's in a black salon.

Yes ladies a jerri curl. And worse who knew how to take care of that!!!!!

Well over the years my texture has changed to where I am not sure what it is. Im hoping you guys can check out my pics and help me. Im thinking its in the 3 family. I have the hair that I put a relaxer in and it just tames the thickness really but it remains curly. But it will set or blow out straight. and I usually only relax every 4-6 months depending how broke I am.
But now I am here because I have length which shrinks so much!! And I have thickness but its so dry with no shine and when I make it to a stylist I usually have to chop my ends because they are horrible. It was so bad once I flat ironed my hair and my ends refused I am mean refused to get straight. It was bad.
My routine, I wash usually with Pantene because I love the scent. The moisturizing line. then I put some infusion 23 in as a comb could not see me with out it. and then some frizz serum. Sometimes some grease or gel to slick back. Oh and you want to talk about low manipulation. I sometimes go three weeks without combing my hair. I slick it back in a half bun and call it a day.

So I am hoping you guys can lead my to a path of healthy hair!!!! And thank you so much because seeing you guys dispels the myth that woman cant or wont help each other to be beautiful.

The first picture is right after i washed it and the second is with nothing on it and air dryed after a day out.

P1010115.jpg

P1010121.jpg

Welcome to the board! We are glad to have you here.:grin:

If you search for sistaclick, you will find an article she has written for a newbie regimine.

I'll see if I can find it for you.

welcome!

Read the sticky for newbies, which has great info.
Do a search on prepoos, cowashes, and deep conditioning,

SistaSlick has a fotki which leads to her very informative articles.

Macherieamour has a blog called healthytextures.com

Also there are great books written by Cathy Howse, Carolyn Grey, Shamboozie and more which can be found in the books section here.

That should get you off and running in the beginning.

:peace:

Thanks you so much guys!!!
Lady Esquire and Chica I will def check that out! The information is so overwhelming its hard to figure out where to start!!

I hope everyone has a blessed day!!! See you later!

Welcome to the forum the ladies have already provided you with some really great hair heroes the information from Sistaslick and Marieachamore is really great if you don't do anything else start deep conditioning every week. the infusium is like taking care of a plant with a few drizzles not a full rain shower and your hair needs more rain.:gorgeous:

Nice to meet you:grin:

WELCOME!!!! :clapping::clapping::yay::yay:

Your hair is GORGEOUS!!:eek::eek:

Have fun here. There is a wealth of information that will help you with your specific hair needs.

Good luck and feel free to share with us all...

SP :kiss:

:hiya:Welcome to the board! You came to the right place. These ladies will put you on the right track in no time!!! :yep:

Back