Newbie Alert!(kinda long)

Nikki319

Hey!I'm new to the site and am trying to figure out where to start.I'm not sure in inches how long my hair is, but I know when it's pressed,my hair(in the back) grazes the bottom of my neck.The top is really thick but there is a section towards the back that is broken off severely.I think I'm somewhere between a 3c and a 4a(my friends say tight 3b).Last spring I went a little crazy with my hair,I dyed it about 5 times within a month,because I was so dissatisfied with the color,the final time I dyed it black(from sort of blond)and the black proceeded to come of in weird strips of color until I was kind of a dark red head(I know,I know)THEN(yes there is more)about a month or two after that I relaxed it,and it took out the bottom part of my hair(which has now grown back).Last fall I wore a weave until about november and took it off and did ponytails.Not to mention I went kinda crazy with the flat iron,curling iron,waving iron(turned all the way up),and blow dryer.All that being said,my new mission is to grow back my old natural hair.(Most of my relaxer has already been transitioned out)Any tips?I have an VERY sensitive scalp(eczema),so the more natural the ingredients the better!I'm going for the huge Kelis fro you guys..I hope I make it there!So could some of you please help me out?
confused.gif

Welcome Nikki! Alot of naturals here use natural butters and oils for their hair, my fave is shea butter mixed with coconut oil...I use this on wet hair, dry it doesn't work as well for me. I would also say you should try using less heat on your hair, heat can be very damaging. Just be gentle with your hair, detangling when wet with conditioner has worked well for me, I use a K Cutter comb that the ladies here recommended. Low manipulation styles are the best for retaining growth generally.

Hope this helps!!
grin.gif

Hey Nikki319

Why dont you try Aubrey Organics products. You can check out their website at http://www.aubrey-organics.com.

Make sure you wash your hair whenever it gets dirty
Condition, condition, condition
Moisturize your hair whenever it is dry (especially the ends and the roots when you have new growth)

Hope that Helps
wink.gif
Good luck!

Back