Newbe needs help with serious breakage!!!

sweetbraid

I have been reading you guys for 6 months, and I decided to follow the general thought. I guess I really did something wrong because my hair is breaking. My hair was a little bit below shoulder I relax texturize with Phitorelaxer mild 10 weeks ago and now I have lost my hair 3 inches by 2 inches on the left side in the back of my head.

please help me! I did an Aphogee treatment and conditioner whash for one week (my hair feel better)but my hair keep breaking. I was flat ironing my hair with a ceramic iron once a week. Do you think that was the cause of my major breakage or maybe it is time to texturize again.

My hair is a 4a very thin and week I guess
frown.gif
. When it's wet it looks lice a 3 in the front and the back is more like the same but softer less tight curl. When dry it looks like practicly I didn't put any chemical in it.

Please give me some good advice. Should I get braid again or should I relax the new grow with a cheaper relaxer? That Phitorelaxer cost $44 I was thinking in trying Beautiful beginner no lye (my scalp is to sensitive for lye) and I relax myself. Or maybe it is my fault I should of relax 2 weeks ago and not use that flat iron each week.

Please the name of a good protein shampoo and conditioner that really keep your hair on your head. I met a girl who had nice relax hair and she told me she use Aphogee shampoo and conditioner. What do you think about Aveda curessence conditionner?

Please help I knowt that there is a lot of expert on this board.

Thank you in advance

Sorry to hear about your woes. I would try basing my scalp and using a mild conditioning lye relaxer. I would wash once a week with shampoo and, if you sweat in between, conditioner wash at least one time in between. Stay away from heat (at least for a while); air dry and wear a ponytail or bun (don't pull too tight). Don't forget to moisturize daily. Try Dudley and Nexxus products. Shamboosie recommends them in his book. Dudley has a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, as well as a protein-based hair rebuilder. Nexxus has Therrape moisturizing shampoo, Humectress conditioner, and KeraPhix protein treatment. I would only use the protein-based conditioners once a week. For a daily moisturizer, you could use the Humectress or a product called Dudley PCA. Good luck.

Also u can try profectiv anti breakage daily moisturizer, Hope these comments help and good luck with your hair

P.S., I didn't recommend the Wave Nouveau Finishing Lotion that I use, because there has been some controversy over the long-term effects of glycerin. While it works for me, I thought you might want to go with a more traditional daily moisturizer.

Thank you all for responding so quickly.

I have been using Pantene relax and natural conditioner every day for a week. I have a lot of diferent shampoo and conditioner but I'm not sure if they are really good, I intend to give them to my husband.

I have notice that the Pantene does make my hair softer but I am not sure if it is the best. I need something to keep my hair strong.

So do you guys think that I SHOULD RELAX again. I am not sure of the cause of my breakage, is it to much eat or the new grow is to curly for the rest of my hair?

Thanks

I hear good things on this Board about the Pantene Relax and Natural line.

Was the relaxer 10 weeks ago your first relaxer, or was it a touch-up? If it was a touch-up, how has your hair reacted to relaxer in the past?

It was my first relaxer. and my hair always broke after 4 weeks when I use to go to the salon. That is why I decided to pay $44 for that phitorelaxer the ph is 9-12 I used the mild one and didn't exceded the time they say on the box. My hair is not bone straight it is texturize.

Since it's starting breaking on the second month I was thinking maybe it is the heat abuse or the new grow who is to hard compare to the rest of my hair.

Honestly I am scared to put chemical again unless if it is needed on the new grow. I am thinking of braiding my hair for 6 months.

I don't know anymore?????????

Okay, then, before you give yourself a touch-up with even a mild conditioning lye relaxer, work without heat and with the products that are recommended by the successful growers on this site. Since you're a 3 and not a 4, and since you're only texturized, you may be able to stretch another month or two. Evaluate your heat-free, daily moisturized hair after four weeks and, if the breakage has stopped, it could be that the heat was causing your damage. Be sure to keep your roots very well moisturized (and even oiled with olive oil, for instance) so as not to cause breakage at the demarcation line. Then re-evaluate and, perhaps, even return to the Board for additional advice.

You really have nice hair Jessica. My hair is not a 3 it is a 4a very thin so maybe it is better for me to give it a rest, that's what I'm not sure.

I am far from being an expert but maybe I should just braid my hair it is not that nice anyway cause it shed so much.

Back