NEW YORK LADIES!- SALONS

Ebony Majesty

Hopefully I will be reaching New York on the 6th of Jan YAY! As I never visit any salons over here :rolleyes: I think I need to experience it lol

Any recommendations on where to go that won't have a problem with doing half relaxed and half natural hair?

Oh, where are the best BSS stores?
I wanna pick up some dominican products & giovanni stuff

Thanks!

I'd like to share that I have the most amazing stylist who is really into the HEALTH of hair. She used to work with my texlaxed hair, and if you mean you're transitioning I can GUARANTEE that she can take good care of you. I've been working with her for over 2 years, and she's been incredible. She's very professional, always shows up on time, never has you waiting nor does she overbook appointments. My hair is healthy because of her.

Her name is LaToya, and she's at the Idalias Salon in Brooklyn. The salon's number is 718 636 5521. http://idaliassalon.com/ - click the pics to navigate the site.

OMG Look at your hair! I love it. Great progress!

I would recommend a Dominican salon (Mirror Image) because they handle half relaxed/half natural heads. I've recommended it to both my natural and relaxed friends. There are some reviews in the Salon Forum so you can check that out. They are located on Columbus Avenue between 110th and 109th. You can either take the C train to 110 and walk 2 blocks west or take the 1 train and walk two blocks east (I think I have those directions right, do confirm with someone to make sure your headed in the right direction :drunk:).

For BSS - Beauty 35 is great, located near 34th street. It's on eight avenue between 35th and 34th. Great selection of dominican products. There's also one up by mirror image (the name slipped my mind) but they are on Amsterdam Avenue, located between 105th and 106th. They have an even larger selection of Dominican products.

Hope that helps!

OMG Look at your hair! I love it. Great progress!

I would recommend a Dominican salon (Mirror Image) because they handle half relaxed/half natural heads. I've recommended it to both my natural and relaxed friends. There are some reviews in the Salon Forum so you can check that out. They are located on Columbus Avenue between 110th and 109th. You can either take the C train to 110 and walk 2 blocks west or take the 1 train and walk two blocks east (I think I have those directions right, do confirm with someone to make sure your headed in the right direction :drunk:).

For BSS - Beauty 35 is great, located near 34th street. It's on eight avenue between 35th and 34th. Great selection of dominican products. There's also one up by mirror image (the name slipped my mind) but they are on Amsterdam Avenue, located between 105th and 106th. They have an even larger selection of Dominican products.

Hope that helps!

:grin::yep: I agree with that..I LOVE that bss...I work in the area..i'm there at least twice a week..:spinning:

Back