New York ladies, can you wear wigs in the Summer?!?!

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Hello ladies, I'm in a conundrum; I'm moving to New York in a few weeks (well, next Friday, to be exact). I am starting a new job in a big corporate office and I want to change up my hair, but I am chasing BSL, so I've been PS'ing these past few months.

I have braids now, but I was thinking about wearing a wig, a collarbone length bob with bangs, will it be too hot for a wig? I've heard that it is very hot and humid, I don't want to be all hot and mad lol

What is your advice? TIA!

Sent from my iPad...so clearly the typos are not my fault :)

Yes, it will be too hot, IMO. The wintertime is good for PSing with wigs.

However, it's not impossible if that's what you want to do. Maybe you could wear your hair cornrowed underneath so that your scalp would have a chance at catching a lil air here and there lol.

Another good option is a full weave. Weave tracks would give much more breathing room than wig caps.

I go 2 nyc quite often (since I live in philly) & the last time I went I wore a wig. The prob was the comb was pulling my hair, so I went in a nyc public library & took my wig off.

I think u should be fine. Like the previous poster said, jus keep the hair braided up under the wig.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Yes it is possible. I wigged it all last summer. I didn't spend much time outdoors though. At work the air conditioning makes wearing a wig easy. Now outdoors is a different story. New York humidity makes every thing unbearable.

Thanks for the responses ladies, I will have to keep thinking on this; I was also thinking of a short tapered wig, but my head is so darn bug (lol) I'm not sure how a short wig will look.

Sent from my iPad...so clearly the typos are not my fault :)

You should be fine. I went to school briefly in Manhattan, but never wore wigs, just clip ins. I know a lot of women who work in the city and wear wigs all year round and they're fine. The only rough patch would be the subway, which is unbearably hot and humid on summer afternoons.

Beehive braid, no wig cap. Per the wig tips threads, I suggest applying tape to the "lace" or any part that might cause friction against your hair, or sewing in a piece of silk.

Back