New Version Of Aphogee Two-step Treatment

This is from the Aphogee Q&A page, so it sounds like the new strengthening treatment will not be replacing the 2 step treatment (whew!)

View attachment 351463
I e-mailed Aphogee asking if this new product would replace the Two-Step (just to double check )...here's their response:

"No. The Two-Step Protein Treatment is here to stay. It is our most popular product and the most effective and most protein loaded product on the market.

The Hair Strengthening Kit is a similar product but is easier to use for people not as skilled with working with processes. The Hair Strengthening Kit does not require a hooded dryer and it is a little easier to apply and work with. It is very effective for hair damage, but it lasts about two weeks as opposed to the Two-Step Protein Treatment that lasts for approximately six weeks."

I saw this and passed it over for the 2 minute reconstructor, which was a staple for me when I was relaxed. I've used a lot heat on my hair recently, so my hair needs a dose of protein. Now thinking about it, I probably should have gotten this instead of the 2 minute reconstructor being that my hair isn't protein sensitive and needs some strengthening. I was always too scared to use the 2 step treatment, so this seems like a good midway between the 2 minute reconstructor and the 2 step treatment

I e-mailed Aphogee asking if this new product would replace the Two-Step (just to double check )...here's their response:

"No. The Two-Step Protein Treatment is here to stay. It is our most popular product and the most effective and most protein loaded product on the market.

The Hair Strengthening Kit is a similar product but is easier to use for people not as skilled with working with processes. The Hair Strengthening Kit does not require a hooded dryer and it is a little easier to apply and work with. It is very effective for hair damage, but it lasts about two weeks as opposed to the Two-Step Protein Treatment that lasts for approximately six weeks."
I literally cried years of joy at this news. The two step treatment is my ultimate staple.

I see the black women who supported this brand aren't 'worthy' to be on the product packaging.

Maybe they assume BW already know of aphogee... *** that I'm not playing devils advocate, there's room on the bottle for black, brown and white faces. Pffft, once I use up this bottle of green tea keratin I won't be needing aphogee any more.
images-1-jpg.352487

$13.50 for the kit at Target. It appears to have a gel like consistency like Nexxus Emergencee. I can't wait for someone to post the ingredients.

Then I definitely want to try it. I loved the results from 2-Step but I hate the process because it's so messy.

I went to target and took a picture of the ingredients list (see attached). As you know now, I'm a HUGEEE fan of the original Two Step Treatment (well, step 1), but after seeing the ingredients for the new Strengthening Treatment I put it back on the shelf.

The ingredients look awfully similar to Nexxus Polymedic Emergency reconstructor, which costs less than $20 (on amazon) for a 16.9oz bottle vs the new aphogee product 3.3oz for $14.99

I'm not knocking Aphogee's new product but I'd like to hear product reviews from you ladies before trying it. If it's just a dupe for Nexxus Emergency....I'll stick with Nexxus

Please share your experiences if you try it! thanks.

Attachments

• Aphogee strengthening treat. ingredients.jpg
    Aphogee strengthening treat. ingredients.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 49
I went to target and took a picture of the ingredients list (see attached). As you know now, I'm a HUGEEE fan of the original Two Step Treatment (well, step 1), but after seeing the ingredients for the new Strengthening Treatment I put it back on the shelf.

The ingredients look awfully similar to Nexxus Polymedic Emergency reconstructor, which costs less than $20 (on amazon) for a 16.9oz bottle vs the new aphogee product 3.3oz for $14.99

I'm not knocking Aphogee's new product but I'd like to hear product reviews from you ladies before trying it. If it's just a dupe for Nexxus Emergency....I'll stick with Nexxus

Please share your experiences if you try it! thanks.

Thanks for sharing this because I really like Emergencee and I get mine from Amazon for cheap. I'll just stick with it.

I have both products. I've only done the 2-step and I must say, I LOVE IT. It completely stopped my breakage. However, I've run into a problem now.... I went swimming not too long ago and I used a Clarifying Shampoo after... I shampoo'd twice. My hair had started breaking again and then I deep conditioned, so it stopped. But, TODAY, I realized breaking again... I now think it has something to do with me clarifying. It may have stripped the Protein from my hair... But, I just did the 2-step two weeks ago, should I use the Strengthening Kit instead of the 2-step tonight?

Maybe u should try a chelating shampoo.

Ugh, i was hoping they would change the formula. 2 step is such a pain in the arse to use. It runs everwhere and as my hair has gotten longer it no longer fully dries underneath the dryer anymore. I wish they would make it more creamy.

Ugh, i was hoping they would change the formula. 2 step is such a pain in the arse to use. It runs everwhere and as my hair has gotten longer it no longer fully dries underneath the dryer anymore. I wish they would make it more creamy.

The strengthing kit. That's the new formula. Its a thicker consistency and you don't need a dryer.... I used it last night. Works great.

You could give the Komaza Protein treatment a shot. It's very creamy and I use a blow dryer on warm to lock it in. Doesn't make a big mess like the Aphogee does

No thanks. I'll stick to Duo Tex for medium protein. I do need to pick up some 2 Minute Reconstructor & Green Tea and Keratin.

Back