New Transitioner

nikipovi

I am trying to decide if I want to transition from relaxed to natural. I am having a hard time trying to decide because I don't know what to do with my hair. I don't want to do braids because my hair keeps coming out in the front. I have had two different people put braids in and it keeps coming out. I am also about to start training for a marathon and I do sweat a lot in my head. I love looking at all the transitioners albums but it seems like you all have good hair to start off with. I think I have hair type 2C. Also, I don't have a lot of money to spend on a ton of hair products.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT?!?!?!?!? :confused:

Maybe you can just try transitioning for a few weeks and just see how you like it. If you are looking for additional advise or opinions...you can also go to www.nappturality.com they have a section for transitioners and addtional info you could use in addition to this site. A lot of women on blackhairmedia.com have found S-curl to be very useful for the new growth in this process. Just try it...it does take time to find out what works/doesn't work for you...everyone's hair is different. I am just sorry I didn't start this process sooner. I've been transitioning since May/June of this year.

It seems as if you won't have too much of a disctinction between the natural type 2 hair and the relaxed. Type two is slighly wavy, without a whole lot of texture to it. So your transition should be fairly easy. Check out Peachtree's album, she has type three (I think). Also Cichelle. Take it one step at a time, and don't get frustrated--there is a great thread that's on Sticky for support!

Good luck and happy transitioning!

Last edited:
Back