New Transitioner up for Adoption....Yes adopt me please!!!

Pisceanprincess

Hello everyone, I'm new to the board and I'm a new transitioner. It's been 11 weeks since I had a relaxer. Last night I did an apple cider rinse and deep conditioner with coconut oil. Afterwards, I shampooed and conditioned my hair with some Keratin shampoo that my stylist gave me.

I had a tangled mess on my head. :nono:

I sprayed a little s-curl....very little and rolled it.

Woke up and it was better but still tangled. I put wave nouveau moisturizing lotion in and put it in a ponytail. I just checked and I'm able to run my fingers through my hair but I still need help.

Somebody please adopt me. :grin: I promise to be good. :yep:

Hello everyone, I'm new to the board and I'm a new transitioner. It's been 11 weeks since I had a relaxer. Last night I did an apple cider rinse and deep conditioner with coconut oil. Afterwards, I shampooed and conditioned my hair with some Keratin shampoo that my stylist gave me.

Woke up and it was better but still tangled. I put wave nouveau moisturizing lotion in and put it in a ponytail. I just checked and I'm able to run my fingers through my hair but I still need help.

Come home, Love!

I'm not able to adopt you but I didn't like S-Curl on my hair as it tangled it too. I use Carefree Curl for shots of moisture as a leave-in when I need it. Haven't tried the Wave Nouveau but I hear it's wonderful. I do kno you have to watch your proteins with longer hair. They seem to tangle me up. Elasta Soy Hydration is excellent, with the proper protein-moisture balance. My hair detangles like a dream.

Don't worry, in no tim you'll figure out what works best with your hair. Unfortunately it's going to require alot of patience and hair product experimentation. I recently stretched my hair for 20 weeks and had about 3 inches of new growth but was able to keep it detangled without experiencing a lot of breakage. I think what did it for me was the deep conditioning, I'd use the Tui Smoothie by Carol's Daughter along with Olive Oil's Replenishing Pak, cover with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for 30 minutes. I could easily comb through my hair after rinsing and be tangle free. But I made sure to comb through my hair with a wide tooth comb as I washed it and after applying conditioner. Each time it gets more easy to do.

nickpoopie I never thought about combing through while washing....dumb for me not to. Thanks

faithVA....Girl, there is so much information on this board I just needed someone that didn't mind helping me to come inside and tell me what to do.

I know that everyone has their own method but some of you have mastered a technique that works and by asking what that is it helps to save me money. Sort of a pay it forward to healthy hair.

chrisanddonniesmommy Since you air dry, no heat....How did you wear your hair when you started to transition? Do you use a denman brush to help detangle or a comb?

Buns, buns, and more buns are pretty much what I do now. When I started, I did braid-outs (I don't as much now because the two textures are too obvious for me - I'll wait until I'm fully natural).

I use either my fingers, Tangle Teezer, or wide-toothed Jibere shower comb to detangle.

Last night I used a Coconut Deep Conditioner-let it sit for 30 mins and wash with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. My hair loves me again. I will try to post a pic.

I'm adopting my hair mommy's regimen of dc once a week. Thank you!!!

Back