New To The Board!!!!!!

Indian_Trini

Hey Everybody. My name is Denishia and I'm new to the board. For the past year since my sister went to college, i've been taking care of my hair on my own. Nowadays, my hair is starting to break. I'm 14 so I really don't know that much about hair. I'm doing the best I could. I do deep conditioning treatments, henna, pre-poos, daily moisturizers also. is there anything else that some of you may like to add to my regimen to maintain the breakage of my hair? Also, my hair has been thinning so that's another big issue. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Welcome, Indian_Trini !!! I was in your shoes just recently. Did you mention a good protein conditioner? I know that is big key I am finding. Henna has helped my hair too. I know more answers are probably on the way. I think now it is a matter of just letting the hair grow out into the "new healthy hair."
Welcome again!!!! Sounds like you are on your way!

welcome!!!! This board is an oasis on knowledge so you should be on the right track in no time

Hidden_Angel said:
Welcome!:D your same age at my bro..

Also you may want to try protain treatments, should stop the breaking..

Thanks alot! I'll try more protein treatments and tell you how it goes.

sweetnlow06 said:
Welcome, Indian_Trini !!! I was in your shoes just recently. Did you mention a good protein conditioner? I know that is big key I am finding. Henna has helped my hair too. I know more answers are probably on the way. I think now it is a matter of just letting the hair grow out into the "new healthy hair."
Welcome again!!!! Sounds like you are on your way!

Okay. Thanks for your response. I'll try more protein treatments!

Hidden_Angel said:
Welcome!:D your same age at my bro..

Also you may want to try protain treatments, should stop the breaking..

Thanks alot. So far, everyone is telling me to try more protein treatments.

welcome to the board! you should click on the thread at the top of the first page that says, "you favorite sticky" in that there are 2 different thread about breakage, and there is a newcomer thread. HTH.

Hey lady!

Welcome to LHCF!!!

Out of curiosity how much heat are you using on your hair? Heat can be a monster on hair when you don't apply it properly (no heat protectant, too often, etc.)

Definitely check the stickies. There's some great info in there!

Welcome, little lady. You will love it here.

Good job learning how to properly care for your hair at your age. Maybe you will avoid some of the mistakes :eek: that many of us...uh humm... older ladies made before we knew any better. :)

I am also new and although I have checked out the newcomers and other stickies--(so this may be a "duhhhh..:confused: question-- but) I was wondering which vitamin/supplement you ladies have found most helpful in assisting with hair growth. Thanks.:) all help will be appreciated.

Ummmm--should I have said "bumping" before changing the topic??? :confused: If so --SORRY:ohwell: I'm still working on learning and remebering the correct ettiquette(sp.?) for LHCF.:perplexed

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
Hey lady!

Welcome to LHCF!!!

Out of curiosity how much heat are you using on your hair? Heat can be a monster on hair when you don't apply it properly (no heat protectant, too often, etc.)

Definitely check the stickies. There's some great info in there!

Well recently, I haven't been using too much heat on my hair. I found out that hand blow dryers are not good whatsoever for your hair. the last time that heat touched my hair was saturday because i washed my hair.

Welcome!:D

I wish LHCF was around when I was your age. It would have saved me years of hair abuse. You sound like you're on the right track!

camellia said:
Welcome!:D

I wish LHCF was around when I was your age. It would have saved me years of hair abuse. You sound like you're on the right track!

Girl that is sooooooo true. I've been at APL four times in my life only to have to cut it to chin length and above because somebody messed me up.

OT I love your new siggy pics!

You have made the greatest step of all - you've asked for help! All heads are different, but you're on your way to finding what works "before" you become an old lady:lol: :lol:

Enjoy your hair journey and keep us posted with pics!

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
Girl that is sooooooo true. I've been at APL four times in my life only to have to cut it to chin length and above because somebody messed me up.

OT I love your new siggy pics!

Thank you!:D

Back