New to the Board-Questions about Hair Care

Paris Belle

<font color="purple"> </font color> Hello I'm new to the board and I just wanted to say hello. I have been reading the board for months now and I love all of the tips and suggestions others have given. I did join the board before but had to rejoin. I've really learned a lot and applied many of the tips I have read here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I do have some questions however:
1. Setting lotions: Should I dilute them? Sometimes they are bit heavy..I use Infusium 23 which is a leave in. I've been diluting it but I wonder if I'm getting the full affect of the product. /images/graemlins/confused.gif
I noticed my stylist used a good amount but not too much and just spread it through my hair. However she can roller set in 5 minutes, it takes me 20. Any suggestions.

2. Moisturizing Conditioners: Is CPR a moisturizing/protein condtioner? What are some good ones? I recently purchased Aphogee's shampoo and reconstructor conditioner. I plan to use them tonight or tomorrow.

3. Finally is it too much to do a hot oil treatment (pre shampoo) plus deep condition in the same wash and set (once a week)? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks for any answers. I look forward to getting to know you all. /images/graemlins/grin.gif<font color="purple"> </font color>

I have some answers(and I'm sure others do also.).
When I used to use Infusuim I didn't dilute it.
As far as setting lotions you should dillute(I personally don't like lotions..they make my hair hard...I use Lottabody Cream)..or you can try using a creamy conditoner as setting lotion.
To keep your hair from drying out while you set it....do not towel dry(I leave mine dripping wet).

Motions CPR is a protein conditioner. I use Elucence for moisture.
And yes it's okay to do a hot oil treatment(pre-shampoo) and a deep conditioning treatment(after you shampoo) at the same time .
Oh yea, I forgot welcome(again).

Thanks so much for your answers and welcoming me. You've helped clear some things up for me. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif <font color="purple"> </font color>

Welcome CarmenRose to our hair family /images/graemlins/smile.gif .

Well, here goes my 2 cents....

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
1. Setting lotions: Should I dilute them? Sometimes they are bit heavy..I use Infusium 23 which is a leave in. I've been diluting it but I wonder if I'm getting the full affect of the product.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only have 1 setting lotion that I dilute...Miss Cool, &amp; I haven't used it in several weeks. Lately, I've used Motions Leave-in &amp; Hot Six Oil and roller set. Less product usage seems to be better for my hair.

2. Moisturizing Conditioners: Is CPR a moisturizing/protein condtioner? What are some good ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

CPR is what I call a "light weight" protein conditioner, meaning it's safe to use regularly. I've achieved really great results using CPR. I alternate CPR with Motions Moisture Plus, in effort to maintain a protein/moisture balance. Sorry, but I can't recommend any others,,,these are the only ones I've used

3. Finally is it too much to do a hot oil treatment (pre shampoo) plus deep condition in the same wash and set (once a week)?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not too much. I ALWAYS pre-shampoo with extra virgin olive oil or Hot six oil, plus I ALWAYS deep condition with Motions Moisture Plus or CPR. I alternate roller sets with braid outs or ponytail "air dry" method.

Hopefully, some of this will help you.

God Bless,
Peachtree

Thanks Peachtree for welcoming me. I haven't tried Motions Moisture Plus, but I think I'll have to check it out. As for the hot oil and the deep conditioner, I always do this. But, recently I read on another board that it was too much for the hair. And I wanted to verify with others. I thought that was ridiculous...I shouldn't have doubted myself.. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif <font color="purple"> </font color>

Hi!

Just wanted to also say welcome and give a big second to Motions Moisture Plus. This is one of my favourite moisturizing conditioners. Cheap too!

Mizani Moisturefuse is also very good but more expensive.

Thanks! I've been hearing so much about these Mizani products. I might have to check them out. However, I am going back to Gold Medal products soon. I really liked their shampoo and hot oil treatments. <font color="purple"> </font color>

Oh no, I'm a recovering PJ...Okay, I'm trying to recover. Ordering Gold Medal takes awhile so I'm trying to find good stuff that I can have during those in-between times. I was just checking out those Mizani products you were talking about. I'm using Aphogee now (actually have yet to try it). If I don't like it then I'll use Mizani when I'm not using Gold Medal. Do you know anything about Aphogee or Mizani products? For Mizani, specifically their shampoos. <font color="purple"> </font color>

No I don't know about the mizani shampoos unfortunately. Only the Moisturefuse. (soooo good).

Shampoo wise one of my faves is Lanza Protein Plus. A great 'treatment' shampoo that slowly strengthens (as well as moisturises) the hair over time. Its great IMO but I always 'blow my trumpet' on this product /images/graemlins/cool.gif

The only thing I know about Ahogee is the 2 min keratin protein treatment which I use say once a month ish. I like it. It doesn't dry me out too much like other protein treatments. I think Blkmane on this board just bought the moisturizing aphogee stuff.

Ohhh....I hate to keep bothering you but now I have two questions:
1. Is Aphogee's intensive 2 min keratin reconstructor protein or moisturizer? I just bought it.
2. Do you know anything about hair masques? Any good ones or recipes for them? Are they good for our hair?

Disregard my last two questions..I discovered the answers.. /images/graemlins/cool.gif <font color="purple"> </font color>

Welcome, CarmenRose (lovely name).

1. I never dilute Infusium 23 cause it's already kinda watery. BTW, it takes me a while to roll too but I re-moisturize with I23 if it starts to dry.
2. I've only used Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer - just recently discovered this and absolutely love it. My favorite new find. I haven't tried any other Aphogee products.
3. I do a weekly pre-shampoo hot oil and post-shampoo deep conditioner. This has made all the difference in the world to my hair.

Welcome and happy hair growing!

Thanks so much for welcoming me you all and for all of the answers. I am going to wash my hair tomorrow with a new regime:

Hot Oil Treatment: olive oil and honey
Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair
Motions CPR conditioner
Motions Moisture plus conditioner
Roller set with Infusium...
I'll see how this works.. <font color="purple"> </font color>

Back