New To The Board And Would Love Some Advice!

NYCITY

I am new to the board and I need some advice on caring for my hair. My hair is shoulder length and I would love for it to grow about 6 inches. Can u guys recommend the beast shampoos and conditioners for 4B type hair. And daily care so my hair can maintain it's length. Thanks

NYCITY, i will only point you in the right direction for the route to long, healthy hair!

the best and only advice i can give is to read read read the archives!!! ánd remember that it is more important what u do to your hair than what you put in. if u are a total novice to hair care i would recommend hair books by Cathy Howse and Carolyn Gray (do a search on Amazon) to grasp the basics as soon as possible.

the advice i have given above is probably better than any long winded email i will write!

By the way, registering here is the BEST thing you've done for your hair so far. WELCOMÈ and do stay here!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks. I have read most of the archives. So far I think my hair is pretty healthy. I'll just be patient and see how much it grows in the next month.
Thanks

Hi NYCITY,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

One of the best shampoos available is Cream of Nature shampoo. I use the one for dry/damaged hair and I love it.
For a deep conditioning product, I recommend you try ORS Hair Mayonnaise. It's excellent. I use Mizani Moisturfuse as well and find that very good. A lot of the ladies here use Pantene smoothe and silk and love it. I read Cathy Howes book, and others here read Carolyn Grey. They are good for information on hair care if you have no clue at all on how to care for your hair. Good luck! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

NYCITY, you seem fine with your hair. as long as it is not dry and breaking off, esp. when you touch it you are fine! keep doing whatever you have been doing.

Welcome. The best things I could reccomend are keeping your hair moisturized and stay away from excessive(daily direct heat). These things alone will help you retain the growth you receive.

Pebbles, thanks for the advice. I am currently using Creme of Nature. The Pantene Smooth and Sleek that u recommended, is this the Shampoo or the Conditioner? I know alot of people who use Pantene, it's just that there are so many different ones in the stores. I am not sure which is best.

Welcome to the board NYCITY!! To get the best advice for caring for your hair, you should post what your current hair care regime is and what products you are currently using. Based on that info, the advice you receive will be more comprehensive! HTH.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Welcome to the board NYCITY!! To get the best advice for caring for your hair, you should post what your current hair care regime is and what products you are currently using. Based on that info, the advice you receive will be more comprehensive! HTH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the forum NYCITY! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I definately agree with Armyqt's idea about posting your regimen. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the advice!
Well currently these are some of the products I'm using:

Shampoo
Cream of Nature
Motions Lavish Shampoo
Dark and Lovely Conditioning Shampoo

Protein Conditioner
Le Kair Cholesterol
Dark and Lovely Ultra Cholesterol
Sebastian Penetrait (only once a month)

Moisturizer
Aveda Heavy Cream
Mizani Moisturfuze

Leave In
Potion 9
Fantasia IC
Motions Nourish
Infusium 23

For daily moisture, I use either ORS Olive Oil,
African Pride Castor Oil
WGO (I don't use all the time)
Fantasia IC Hair Polisher (ran out, need to get another bottle)
Dark &amp; Lovely Restore and Repair

Washed my hair last night and wrapped wet, went under the dryer for 20 min. Then let it air dry. When I woke up, my roots in the middle is very poofy. I need to find a way to fix it.

Hi NYCITY,

I was noticing in your routine that you are using two cholesterol conditioners. Maybe you could replace one with a more moisturizing type conditioner. Elucence is one that a lot of people on this forum swears by. I also like the aphogee balancing moisturizer.

welcome, nycity!

when you wrapped your hair that night and sat under the dryer, if you wanted it to dry straight, you should have sat under there until it was completely dry. try that next time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

oh, you can get the Elucence conditioner from this site: Pleasant Image. the Moisture Balancing conditioner is the one everyone has had success with.

adrienne

Thanks, I plan on ordering it soon. Last night I picked up Pantene Smooth and Sleek Conditioner. I guess I'm really becomeng a PJ.
And next time I'll wait til my hair dries completely

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Can you tell me what the name of the conditioner is exactly from Elucence and where I can purchase it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry about not answering your post sooner NYCITY, but Adrienne took care of you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back