new to LHCF

RennAlisha426

Hello everyone, i am new to LHCF as a poster but I have been reading the forum for months. My name is Renee I am 25, I am a new found product junkie, when I get alittle extra cash in my pocket my first stop is the BSS. :look:I am almost a year post relaxer. I've been using half wigs and phony ponys to get me through this process. I prefer free tress and milky way for my wigs and phony ponys. I brought Polly by outre and I am hating it but I am trying to get a couple wears out of her. my hair routine consist of washing 1x a week with creme of nature shampoo and aussie moist conditioner. I use to co wash but that made my hair break. I use africas best hair mayonaise daily and i also use some soy bean oil on my roots. If i need some quick moisture I use africas best instant hair oil moisturizer. I wrap my hair in a good old satin bonnet and I own an andis elevate blow dryer. My last relxer was 10/200)

I own half wig FreeTress Nicosia girl candy girl and lyon girl(2)I also own a milky way wet and wavy phony pony and some other freetress phony ponys I have outre polly but I am not in LOVE it looks gr8 on other people but not me but I am trying to get my $19.99 worth.

Some of the products I use are ic fantasia gel, aussie moist conditioner v05 moisture milk conditioner, weave aid straight edge pomade, black n sassy style smoothers, weave aide detangeler soy bean oil and soo soo much more.

I dont know what else to say but if anyone has any tips or advice for me and my transition please share and if there is a thread for newbies to introduce themselves please let me know as well :)

Ty

Renee

Welcome Renee!!!!

I noticed you say you used to co-wash. When I was transitioning, my hair didn't like co-washing either. I don't know if its because I wasn't using the right conditioner (I now use Suave) or if I didn't give it a chance. Once I did the BC and co-washed for about 3 weeks straight I saw a difference in my hair.

UGH! oh no! not you

i'm just kiddddddding. welcome aboard! ((throws confetti, blows kazoo)) hope you enjoy your time here!

Welcome!!!! I am another PJ. LOL

It took me a while to figure out that I needed to use different products for co-wash to work for me. Its a learning process. Also, what worked a few months ago might not still work today. *sigh* Its a part of life I think.

Hi we're glad to have you! Just research times 10..and if you're not sure just ask (like you did here) someone WILL help you out. HHG!

Back