New to church.

lovely_locks

My family and I are new to church. My husband and I are moving to a new state and want to start new, if that makes sense. We are thinking of starting off in a nondenominational (sp) church. We are also really shy people. I guess my question is what should we expect and how do we chose our church? And what can we do to prepare for church. We will be starting in two weeks.

sent from lovely_locks phone

My family and I are new to church. My husband and I are moving to a new state and want to start new, if that makes sense. We are thinking of starting off in a nondenominational (sp) church. We are also really shy people. I guess my question is what should we expect and how do we chose our church? And what can we do to prepare for church. We will be starting in two weeks.

Yes, it does make sense:yep:. My advice would be for you to ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you both where you should go to worship and He will show you. You will know because you will just "fit", if you know what I mean.

One of the most important things is to make sure that the church preaches the Word of God and that they want the members to spend time with God and help the members in their call in ministry, and that the church allows the Lord to orchestrate the services, especially in the area of worship time....basking in worship with other believers is wonderful...when we are all in one accord, singing, lifting up our hands to our God...its an experience that I will always cherish.

You and your husband are on the right track...the Lord is with you.

I will be praying for you both as you embark on this new journey!

Blessings, always....

N&W

Thank you so guys so much! I honestly can't wait to start going to church. I'm really excited.

Thank you so guys so much! I honestly can't wait to start going to church. I'm really excited.

I'm excited for you. Church truly is a wonderful place to be; there's nothing like having a Church family with whom to share your love of Jesus.

The ladies about Nice & Wavy and Iwanthealthyhair67 are strong women of faith, prayer and love, you could not have received a better response to your questions.

Asking the Holy Spirit to lead you is always the best answer.

Blessings to you and your husband in your new move. :grouphug2:

I'm excited for you too!!!

The Lord is going to give you something today, sis....I can't wait to hear your testimony.

Have a blessed day!

I'm excited for you. Church truly is a wonderful place to be; there's nothing like having a Church family with whom to share your love of Jesus.

The ladies about @Nice & Wavy and @Iwanthealthyhair67 are strong women of faith, prayer and love, you could not have received a better response to your questions.

Asking the Holy Spirit to lead you is always the best answer.

Blessings to you and your husband in your new move. :grouphug2:
Amen and thank you, sis :love3:

I agree with the above, and make sure the spirit of prayer is the vehicle driving the Church, the Lord declares "My house shall be a house of prayer."

Back