New Suave Almond and Shea Butter (compares to Aveda)

those ingredients look okay apart from bolded....

does anyone know what "cyclopentasiloxane" is?

It is a "cone." Info taken from:
http://thebeautybrains.com/2006/09/27/what-is-cyclopentasiloxane/

Cyclopentasiloxane (or CPS for short) is one of many types of silicones. In general, silcones are known for their ability to lubricate, waterproof and provide shine. (Think “Armor All” for your head.) There are many types of silcones – some have a very heavy, sticky consistency and others are very lightweight. CPS is a water-thin so it’s very good at dispersing thicker, greasier silicones. For this reason it’s often used in combination with dimethicone. It is also volatile, which means it will evaporate. So, not only does it help spread heavier silicones but it doesn’t leave your hair feeling weighed down after it’s done.
In rinse off products CPS is used to create a very lubricious, wet slippery feel. In the kinds of leave on styling products that you asked about, it can give you the wet but not crunchy look you’re seeking. Of course, the other ingredients in the formula make a difference too, but that’s why your stylist recommended something based on CPS.

I just bought some herbal essences conditioners now I would like to try this one. If anyone is in Toronto,Canada can they advise which drug store would sell this?

I ended up buying the Rosemary & Mint conditioner. I'll probably try it tonight. I'll let you guys know how I like it. I hope it works at least as well or better than my Aussie Moist conditioner.

I've found from past experience that sometimes it's good to have "back-up" brands you can turn to when your staples re-formulate (and mess up your favorite product) or stop being sold.

Ingredients don't look comparable to anything by aveda,but definitely not bad for $3:yep:
I'll give it a go for co-washes.

ITA - it has Cyclopentasiloxane listed as the 3rd ingredient :nono:. That alone would lead me to question how closely it matches the Aveda counterpart.

ITA - it has Cyclopentasiloxane listed as the 3rd ingredient :nono:. That alone would lead me to question how closely it matches the Aveda counterpart.
I know that the Suave conditioner will likely not be comparable to Aveda. But personally, I hope to have found another good pre-poo conditioner.

I will be picking this up at the grocery store tomorrow. I definitely want to try the Mint.

Yeah Aveda has the good stuff high up on their conditioners' lists.:yep:
Does anyone know what Aveda condish it is supposed to be formulated after exactly?TIA!

I picked this up the other day for $2.78 (big bottle) at Walmart. Smells nice, and it works nicely for cowashing, though it's not as thick as I would like (I normally use Hello Hydration, LTR, Aussie Moist, or Suave Coconut). I used it with coconut oil this weekend for my DD's prepoo and also used a little as a leave-in after the washing/conditioning, and her hair felt great! She's 4 and is probably 4a/b (I'm not that into the hair typing), and BSB or longer stretched.

Oh WOW! love the responses... I'm a big cowasher...the poo is okay...nothing to scream about. I do in fact like the conditioner. Its not as thick like everyone says..I love thick conditioners....it smells good. It does have some slip to it in my hair and detangled nice. I havent tried it as a leave-in yet....I will later this week...so far I like it. I have tons of conditioners....and I'm a sucker for big 32oz ones...haha...I cant compare it to Aveda b/c I havent tried it...but Im loving the reviews...keep it coming :) awesome.

I tried it and so far I REALLY like it!!! It smells wonderful and the smell is not too strong. It has a nice slip and seems to moisturise decently. I'm transitioning and it works well on both textures of my hair. For the price and quanity, it is a KEEPER!!!!!

Yeah Aveda has the good stuff high up on their conditioners' lists.:yep:
Does anyone know what Aveda condish it is supposed to be formulated after exactly?TIA!

I'm not positive but I thought it was supposed to be comparable to Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Conditioner?? It retails for about $24 on the Aveda site:

av_A416_162.jpg

Someone that has the Suave one can chime in.

Last edited:
I'm not positive but I thought it was supposed to be comparable to Aveda Dry Therapy Moisturizing Conditioner?? It retails for about $24 on the Aveda site:

av_A416_162.jpg

Someone that has the Suave one can chime in.

Yeah that's what they're compairing it to.

They sent mi a full sized sample of the rosemary and mint shampoo and I LOVE IT. This is actually the first time I wanted to keep on shampooing mi hair lol It smells wonderful and it didn't seem to strip mi hair when I used it. I have braids in now but I'm still gonna use it every 2 washes while in braids. I even use it on mi human hair wet n wavy braid hair and it makes it smell delish.

haven't seen this yet...but I have so many daggone conditioners...I'm trying to run through them now before I buy anything else...it's just so hard when the suaves & HEs & V05s are so cheap & great for CWs

I don't have the poo, but the ingredients for the conditioner are:

water, cetearyl alcohol, cyclopentasiloxane, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, sweet almond oil, shea butter, jojoba seed oil, aloe vera leaf juice, lemongrass oil, rosemary leaf oil, chamomilla flower/leaf extract, lavendar flower extract, dimethiconol, behentrimonium chloride, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium ETA, TEA-dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, methylisothiazolinone.

Sorry if I misspelled any ingredients, I had to squint to read them. They had it in the center aisle at Wal-mart.

So these are the ingredients to the Aveda condish you ladies say they are comparing it to

Ingredients:

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Gkycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearyl Alcohol, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract/Extrai D'Orge A Deux Rangs, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Sterols, Mauritia Flexuosa (Buriti) Fruit Oil, Orbignya, Speciosa Kernel Oil, Tapioca Starch, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Canola Oil/Huile De Colza, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Polyquaternium-10, Behenamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Ethyl Macadamiate, Palmamidopropyl Trimonium Methosulfate, Babassuamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Fragrance (Parfum), Geraniol, Limonene, Citronellol, Eugenol, Linalool, Citral, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Styrax Benzoin Gum, Silica, Sodium Gluconate.
Hmmmm...this one has that cyclopentasiloxane kinda up there too...Then again,this is one of Aveda's less revered conditioners.Many negative reviews online,and i remember when it came out many of the ladies on here said it wasn't that great.
I'll try the Suave version:yep:

I don't have the poo, but the ingredients for the conditioner are:

water, cetearyl alcohol, cyclopentasiloxane, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, sweet almond oil, shea butter, jojoba seed oil, aloe vera leaf juice, lemongrass oil, rosemary leaf oil, chamomilla flower/leaf extract, lavendar flower extract, dimethiconol, behentrimonium chloride, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium ETA, TEA-dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, methylisothiazolinone.

Sorry if I misspelled any ingredients, I had to squint to read them. They had it in the center aisle at Wal-mart.

The ingrediants look good, but I am never at a Wal-Mart. Are you ladies finding this conditioner anywhere else?

The ingrediants look good, but I am never at a Wal-Mart. Are you ladies finding this conditioner anywhere else?

I haven't seen it anywhere else. I went on Suave's website and they didn't have anything up about it either. I passed the display at first because I thought I was looking at lotion b/c it came with a pump. CVS might have it in about a month or so. I'm kind of in awe that some people aren't seeing it up north & out west yet. Sometimes most of the south is the last place to get new products.

Back