New Product...Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol (pic). I tried it has anyone else?

Ayeshia

IMG_0048-vi.jpg

Hey guys I just bought this yesterday...and it works GREAT. If any of you peeped the directions it says"apply a small quantity to wet, damp, or dry hair. Gently message into wet hair and scalp concentrating on dry areas. Uses as often as needed...." I went to see the other brands by lustrasilk and they recommend that it be rinsed out, but this one is different

Hmm so I guess they intended this for use as a leave in as well as a deep conditoner? I put it on my ends and they do feel really soft. Its a keeper. Smells very similar Hollywood Beauty olive oil prodcuts...but they sucked on my hair. :-|

I use this and love it! Though I've never tried it as a leave-in (or read the directions:ohwell: ) I will give it a try next time I wash. I generally just use cholesterol as a base for my conditioner mixes, one day I will try it alone and see how it works now...I used to use it straight a few years ago before I got into the habit of mixing up my own conditioners.

This is what I use for my conn washes. It makes my hair sooo soft and it's cheap too!:)

Looks good. The only one I like of that line is the Shea Butter one, the other's are not "creamy" enough for me.

Since these tubs are so cheap, I can't wait to try it.

Ayeshia said:
IMG_0048-vi.jpg

Hey guys I just bought this yesterday...and it works GREAT. If any of you peeped the directions it says"apply a small quantity to wet, damp, or dry hair. Gently message into wet hair and scalp concentrating on dry areas. Uses as often as needed...." I went to see the other brands by lustrasilk and they recommend that it be rinsed out, but this one is different

Hmm so I guess they intended this for use as a leave in as well as a deep conditoner? I put it on my ends and they do feel really soft. Its a keeper. Smells very similar Hollywood Beauty olive oil prodcuts...but they sucked on my hair. :-|

Ayeshia

can you post what's in this for me please?

thanks in advance,
tishee

krissyprissy said:
For some reason my relaxed hair does not get the slip from cholesterol. I guess its better for natural hair.

Really, I guess everyone's different because I get tons of slip from the Shea Mango Butter one.

tishee said:
wow, this is on my list now. I have been unable to find the shea butter plus mango one in my area for some reason :confused: :mad:

Tishee I had a hard time finding that one too. It just so happened the that CVS by my job carried it. I found it when I was checking out NTM. The one near my house didn't have it. After all that drama my hair didn't even like it though. I liked the smell but it wasn't creamy enough. So I'm sticking with the LeKair Shea Butter one.

Me too @ the SB Cholesterol!!

HoneyDew said:
Looks good. The only one I like of that line is the Shea Butter one, the other's are not "creamy" enough for me.

Since these tubs are so cheap, I can't wait to try it.

*bumping this old thread*

I had NO idea this stuff was out since 2006. I just found it a couple of months ago, lol. Anyway, this is my favorite deep conditioner. I used to use the Shea Butter Mango Cholesterol, but the Olive Oil leaves my hair softer and more moisturized. It's a definite staple for me.

This has become a staple for me, as well. I love the way it makes my hair feel. I don't care for the fragrance sometimes though.

Yeah I bought this stuff, and usually after I style my hair, my ends are VERY dry, and they look like they should be s-n-i-p-p-e-d off with the scissors, but when I conditioned and rinsed and then conditioned again with the lustrasilk, it was BEAUTIFUL.

I use it every week now. I think it helps with my hard water issues because I hardly ever use Kenra Chelating now.

I have it! I am sitting under the dryer DCing with it now. I rinse mine out, I don't think I'll actually use it as a leave-in because my hair becomes a stringy mess. I intended to get the shea butter plus mango, but the store that I went to didn't have so I settled for this one. It was also cheap so I figured what do I have to lose....It is a bit thin kinda like VO5 cowash conditioners but I am fine with it.....still on the quest to finding the shea butter with mango though!

Back