New Pics of Me

cardinalfire

I lurk here alot, but I think I only posted once or twice. However, I do steal your ideas
smile.gif
and wanted to share some pics and my routine.

http://public.fotki.com/cardinalfire/2004_hair_pics/

My hair is actually past my shoulders when straightened--about shoulderblade length.

Routine: Wash once or twice a week with Aveda Brilliant, after detangling once a week with my daily conditioner. Daily conditioners are either Kenra Moisturizing, Dove Moisturizing, Garnier Fructis or anything that rinses very cleanly but still hydrates. After detangling, I deep conditioner with LUST.

My styling products include leaving in Aveda Sap Moss Conditioning detangler (it's meant as a rinse-out, but it's really lightweight and leaves hair shiny) and Aveda Be Curly, both applied in soaking wet hair. I let it air dry for at least 2 hours before I go out in winter weather!

My hair is texturized with Motions (left in about 7-8 min) once every 3-4 months for a touchup. I also use Hennalucent in clear every month.

This place has helped me be happy with my hair!

When you texturize with motions, do you comb the relaxer through or just put it on the new growth. I got my hair "texturized" today with affirm. It stayed on for about 10 minutes. My hair still seems a little puffy (does that sound about right). It will surely take some getting use to. My hair is very fragile from my deployment and I figure that texturing is far better than bone straigth relaxing.

Only on the new growth, mos def! And I wouldn't let her comb it at all when she initially applied it, too. Only smooth and scrunch it in.

Yeah, I was expecting my hair to be less puffy, and that I would be able to wear it straight sometimes. HA! What a pipe dream that was. My hair is way too thick, and it would have taken more damage than I wanted to have that versatility.

The key is to apply your product to soaking wet hair to decrease the puffiness. My hair looks pretty raggedy while it is still damp, but once it dries it clumps and curls up.

Thanks for the compliment!

Your texturizer is beautiful. Be grateful for your thick hair, I wish my hair was as thick as yours.

Absolutely stunning! You are so pretty and I love your hair!!! Now I'm even more determined to let mine grow out...you will definately be one of my "book marked" inspirations. Thank you for sharing your lovely pics.
smile.gif

Back