New Mizani Shampoo and Conditioner

Okay Ladies,

I don't post as much as I did previously. What was I thinking to not post the ingredients!!

Moisturfusion Milk Bath Gentle Lather Rinse: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiaetate, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxystearyl cetyl ether, hexeylene glycol, parfum/fragrance, sodium benzoate, cocamide mipa, methylparaben, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, citric acid, salicylic acid, propylene glycol, ethylparaben, carbomer, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium citrate, coconut oil, oleth-10, disodiu, cocoamphodipropionate, hexyl cinnamal, butylphenyl methylpropional, olive fruit oil, camelina sativa seed oil, avocado oil, benzyl salicylate, linalool, benzyl benzoate, limonene, silk amino acids, methyl cocoate, sweet almond fruit extract, sodium cocoate, sodium hydroxide, xanthan gum.

Here are the ingredients for the conditioner--

Moisturfusion Silk Cream Conditioner: Water, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, glycerin, amodimethicone, cetyl esters, mineral oil, sodium PCA, parfum, methylparaben, trideceth-6, olive fruit oil, coconut oil, cetrimonium chloride, hexyl cinnamal, butyphenyl methylpropional, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, benzyl salicylate, linalool, benzyl benzoate, silk amino acids, limonene, sweet almond fruit extract, xantham gum.

Oh man! You don' really lit the fire in me now. :lol:

So do you like the Mizani setting lotion. I am looking for something that will give me a shiny, salon-looking rollerset.

Supergirl,

My stylist only uses Mizani products. So, he did a roller set with the setting lotion and it came out really nice, soft and silky. He then sprayed on some Mizani Shyne and HRM and I was good to go.

He likes it because it isn't sticky and doesn't leave a residue on the hair. I like it because it smells good and you don't need to use a lot of product to get good results.

I would still use the Keracare Foam Wrap but will definately rotate the two products.

oh dear i can feel my pj powers activaiting:lachen: , i love the mizani butter blends relaxer so maybe i'll give this a try since i'm almost out of my ntm conditioner, i've been very good with using up the products that i have lately so maybe this will be my reward:grin:

Okay Ladies,

I don't post as much as I did previously. What was I thinking to not post the ingredients!!

Moisturfusion Milk Bath Gentle Lather Rinse: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiaetate, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxystearyl cetyl ether, hexeylene glycol, parfum/fragrance, sodium benzoate, cocamide mipa, methylparaben, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, citric acid, salicylic acid, propylene glycol, ethylparaben, carbomer, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Sodium citrate, coconut oil, oleth-10, disodiu, cocoamphodipropionate, hexyl cinnamal, butylphenyl methylpropional, olive fruit oil, camelina sativa seed oil, avocado oil, benzyl salicylate, linalool, benzyl benzoate, limonene, silk amino acids, methyl cocoate, sweet almond fruit extract, sodium cocoate, sodium hydroxide, xanthan gum.

I am a little :shocked: to see dimethicone in a 'poo. :scratchch

Thanks for posting the ingredients. I still want to try these. I am in love with the Mizani BB relaxer, so I am itching to love some of their home maintenance products. Like Gym, I have been hesitant because of the way they did us with Moisturefuse.

So I'm planning purchase of:
-Moisturfusion Milk Bath
-Moisturfusion Silk Creme Condish
-Setting Lotion

& their foam set product looks interesting. In the past, mixing a setting lotion w/ a foam wrap product has given me really nice results.

Thanks again for posting ingredients. Maybe we should get a separate board just for ingredients for members to reference. :scratchch

Aww I'm on this! Mizani is my joint! I've been wanting to try thier setting lotion. Does it give a firm hold or a soft hold. I'm currently using BB wrap foam for the soft hold.

I have to agree with MissB on this one. I have only used them once but I did like both. My hair was very soft, silky, and well moisturized. And, as Miss B said, I didn't have to moisturize as much as normal. I also noticed that my thick and dry new growth was smoothed quite a bit and moisturized. Nice. :yep: I looooove the conditioner!

Mm, Mm, Mm.... You guys know how to get a girl started. I'm thinking of canceling a movie date with my girls to go conditioner shopping. I love Mizani. I cheated on Mizani with Kenra this weekend and it did not end up the way I thought it would. Moisturfuse whopped Kenra MC's butt. I will definately have to try this new one when I return the Kenra. I guess I'll go tomorrow night and keep my date with the girls.

Thanks for the review!

I used the shampoo and conditioner on last week. I was going to use them again before posting a review. But, I must say that Mizani finally got it right. The shampoo is very thick. It looks like the Thermasmooth shampoo but thicker in consistency. It lathers well and it didn't strip my color. Definately a plus!

Now for the conditioner. The conditioner was really thick but as soon as I applied it my hair was instantly moisturized and detangled. You could see the tangles falling out as I applied the conditioner. I only left it in for 5 minutes and the results were amazing. I actually didn't need my beloved it Keracare Silken Seal for my ends.

I wrapped my hair with Mizani setting lotion and a little Rose H2O and I only had to use moisturizer once this week. For me, that is a straight miracle.

So, if you have very dry brittle hair, you will definately benefit from this product line. I will try it again this week and see if I get the same results.

If others have tried this line, please post your experience.

Now yawl knows that I'm a Mizani lover soooo, this here is no exception to be added to my Mizani's PJ list of products. I definitely will be out looking for these on a regular:grin:.

Last edited:
I was referring to the Mizani Foam Wrap vice the conditioning styling lotion. Now, listening to you guys, I would like to mix the two products together and see what happens.

The bell just rang at school. I've already ordered the Moisturefusion Shampoo and Conditioner, and it should arrive on Wednesday!!!:grin:

I want to try this too--->

Mizani_Renew_Strength_Rec_gelee_250ml_350w.jpg

My list is growing. :yep:

Supergirl, I haven't tried the gelee but I've tried the Renew Strength Reconstructuring Masque, and I love it! That stuff cut my shedding down to almost zero. I'ma need to get that in my arsenal.

^^agree about the ingredients, but this is one of those occasions where I'm going to trust the formulation as a whole rather than judging by the individual components. The reviews are so positive. :)

The Gelee and Masque are very good products. I will probably alternate the Moisturfusion with the Renew Strength going forward.

I bought the renew masque today but not the gelee. For some reason, I was more impressed with the masque. I may still go back and get the gelee though. The moisturefusion is not here yet so I am waiting patiently for it...

I was referring to the Mizani Foam Wrap vice the conditioning styling lotion. Now, listening to you guys, I would like to mix the two products together and see what happens.

I smelled the foam wrap today and it smells delish but I didn't buy it because I don't really wrap and set my hair all that much. I don't need to just yet but I will when this texlaxer grows out a bit I'm sure:yep:.

I finally found the products! :woot: My closest Ulta still hadn't put them on the shelf, but another Ulta about 15 more minutes away did. :yep:

I can't wait to try them. I decided to go with the Renew Strength Shampoo rather than the Moisturfusion--the ingredients are similar but there is no dimethicone in the Renew Strength Shampoo. The ingredients in the conditioner actually remind me a little of Kenra's Intensive Emollient (awesome product that has been discontinued). If it is anything like that, I'll be very pleased. :yep:

I got:

*Renew Strength Shampoo
*Renew Strength Reconstructing Gelee
*Moisturfusion Silk Cream Conditioner
*Foam Wrap
*Setting Lotion

:happydance:

I finally found the products! :woot: My closest Ulta still hadn't put them on the shelf, but another Ulta about 15 more minutes away did. :yep:

I can't wait to try them. I decided to go with the Renew Strength Shampoo rather than the Moisturfusion--the ingredients are similar but there is no dimethicone in the Renew Strength Shampoo. The ingredients in the conditioner actually remind me a little of Kenra's Intensive Emollient (awesome product that has been discontinued). If it is anything like that, I'll be very pleased. :yep:

I got:

*Renew Strength Shampoo
*Foam Wrap
*Setting Lotion

SG, I want that Foam Wrap so I will be going back to get that I think to encourage me to set my hair more but most importantly, it smells so good to me. Also thanks for posting what you got and the difference in the ingredients list with the poos. Please let me know what the actual setting lotion and the Gelee are like. I have not seen the Renew Shampoo here as yet but I asked the salon owners to check into bringing it here as I can get it cheaper through them than purchasing from sleekhair.com, believe it or not. Hurry back with some reviews girl:grin:.

I got:

*Renew Strength Shampoo
*Foam Wrap
*Setting Lotion

Oooh you got everything:lick: I'm so excited! I can't wait for the reviews!

Back