Country gal

I have been perusing the site for the past two weeks and I am inpressed with level of knowledge and information. My hair currently touches the end of my neck in the back and is chin length in the front. My hair tends to grow faster in the back. I wash my hair at least once a week. I currently use Joico shampoo, Motions Conditioner and Fermodyl leave in conditioner. I also use Barry Flecther hair oil. Any suggestions on hair styles that will keep my hair healthy and growing? Also, I noticed a lot of you are taking a supplement called MSM. What is MSM and where can I find it? I went to GNC and the cashier says they do not sell it.

Welcome SBaker. Yes, you will find lots of information here. I take MSM. It is a supplement good for maintaining joint health. It is also suppose to be good for helping you to retain your hair by the root. Am I correct here ladies?? Anyway, heres a good link on supplements.

http://www.wholehealthmd.com

I just wanted to say welcome. I sure someone will give you a better explanation. Happy Hair Growing!!

Hi sbaker,
Welcome to the board! Gnc does sell MSM, that's where I buy mine. Sometimes the sales people are really clueless!
I buy the 1000 mg capsules. I found the MSM with all the other vitamins. It helps extend the life of your hair and keeps it in your scalp longer, allowing your hair to grow for a longer period of time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome to the hair board sbaker! If you need any more info, please feel free to ask any of the ladies on this board or do a search through the site. Hope to be reading some posts from you soon.

Welcome to the board. I also get my MSM supplements from GNC when I don't want to wait to order it online. Try asking the sales people for vitamins that help with joint function, that's one of the uses of MSM. When I purchased it, the bottle was wheat brown, and said GNC MSM 1000. It was pretty expensive, but it had over 100 capsules.

Hi Sbaker and Welcome!

Yes, you do get a lot of information, but you will treat it like a library. Get used to using your copy and past and set up information you don't want to forget in Microsoft Word. I have a disk that has nothing but Hair stuff on it. I put people's regimens, etc. It's very encouraging and I still have my information to look back on. You will get so much information that this will save you the time of going through old posts to get important information.

Happy Growing! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back