Lecaste

A member on my Sistahs on Weight Watchers board mentioned this site and I am SO glad that she did! (I've been lurking for a few days. /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

My hair is now at the nape and is very healthy because I've been pampering it with no heat, protective styles, etc. for several months and I just had every single bad end trimmed off. I have severe iron anemia and, at when it is at its worst, my hair gets very brittle and dull. Now, however, the problem is nearly fixed and my hair has come back to life!

Like a lot of you, I've never had a problem growing hair--my hair almost shoots out of my head! /images/graemlins/smile.gif So, I decided that since I have gotten into the habit of really taking care of it and don't really have to worry about illness messing it up, I'd take the next step and grow it to the length I've always wanted.

I think my hair type is 3c (??), maybe a borderline 4. My new growth is a tight wave and grows out soft and thick but WILD, as it straightens out the longer it is. It is really shiny when it's straight. My ultimate goal is waist length (which at 6 FT is more than a notion!) and since women on both sides of my family have no trouble growing hair, I think it's a realistic goal.

This site is very motivating and I really like the whole atmosphere (very positive vibe going on!).

Lecaste

p.s. I'm 31, single, with no kids. I joined WW on 12/9/02 and hope to be at my goal weight by the time I leave for school (Ph.D.) in the fall. I plan to take progress pictures, so I suppose you guys will be seeing me shrink as my hair grows!

Good luck to everyone!

Welcome, welcome, welcome and the best to you and weight watchers /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome Lecaste,

Half the battle of hair growth is just keeping it on your head and I'm sure you'll get to your waist length in no time. Also, good luck on your weight watchers! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome. I go back and forth with the Weight Watchers. I've never heard of that board....could you post the link? Thanks. I'm on a hair and weight goal also(10 lbs(2 dress sizes for me... by June of this year).

Thanks, guys, for the welcome! Glad to be here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sweetcocoa, the Sistahs on WW site is Sistahs on WW VERY positive site and filled with fun and support.

Lecaste

p.s. In case I totally messed up the URL tag, the site is at bev.suddenlaunch2.com.

Welcome!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm sure you'll really like it here. The women are very down to earth and always willing to share.

Welcome! You're right, the vibe here is verrry positive and supportive. Nothing but positive energy here. Soon you'll be addicted to this board like the rest of us! Good luck with your weight and hair goals, as well as with your Ph.D. program. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Sweetcocoa, the Sistahs on WW site is Sistahs on WW VERY positive site and filled with fun and support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Lecaste!

Lecaste Welcome to the board.

Good Luck with your hair goal and you weight goal.
So many new members today. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Welcome to the board Lacaste, I think that I'm confident in saying you will enjoy yourself here, everyone is really helpful, and will try to answer all of your questions to the best of their ability! You've found a good board.

Skegeesmb

Back